MX5 NC AERO Project...Carbon Hardtop, Flat Bottom, Diffuser

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Greg Tilkens

Post by Greg Tilkens »

This is just plain cool! Brian, you said on Miata.net that you were going to do this over the holidays - I guess you don't fool around!

One question - muffler. Does your rear diffuser incorporate a stock type (dual tip) muffler?
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

To answer your question for him.

I strongly believe his diffuser is design around his RS muffler. Stock one is HUGE and it will block the diffuser.
Greg Tilkens

Post by Greg Tilkens »

Well that's OK, I know where to get the RS muffler :wink:

I've been reluctant to replace my stock muffler for I don't want to open up anymore of the "parachute" effect of the rear bumper cover...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

v67gsr is right again! We are building the diffuser around the RoadsterSport Race....figuring the diffuser is for the hardcore track users anyway. However, assuming we get products out of this effort, my plan is to sell the flat bottom and diffuser as separate items. Thus, customers spending more time in the real world could certainly do the flat bottom and realize both more MPG during the week and higher track speeds on the weekend.

The other thought that comes to mind is a big brother version of our Race muffler.....another single that is bigger and fits with the diffuser. Prototype of that is going on the car next week. That might make the diffuser slightly more practical for some...
Last edited by Brian on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ptr622

Post by ptr622 »

Brian wrote: big brother version of our Race muffler.....another single that is bigger
I guess it will be more silent than the race. keep us posted, I am interested in one!
NC08

Post by NC08 »

I will buy the carbon-fiber hardtop the minute you will begin to sell it lol!

And those undertray/diffuser are damn sexy!

Excellent work Brian!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

First install complete...one Kick Ass NC!

Hope to have numbers on the kits by late next week...fingers crossed!

That is the first production lip spoiler you see here....hope to have the first batch of those into the website in another two weeks.

Finally got a clear day here (you can see clouds in the reflections on my hood).

I unbolt diffuser for autocross days.

Last edited by Brian on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

if this kit does make it into production/sales will the rear bumper plate for the holes b included? or is that something we will have to get a metal shop to produce for ourself?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our plan would be to include that piece...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

sounds great!
Im down for this
once it makes it to production I'll be the first one to put an order down =]

Also, are the holes in the bumper effective because I thought that right behind the bumper is the bumper bar. Is there actually enough room to have air trapped inside? Because I always thought there was no empty space between the bumper and the bumper bar