NC Light

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
George

Re: NC Light

Post by George »

Wow. The car looks great. Is there a vendor for the front clip? Might be good for a lot of people...
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

George wrote:Wow. The car looks great. Is there a vendor for the front clip? Might be good for a lot of people...
That would be right here....see our MX5 exterior section. That is ONE BIG piece of hand laid carbon fiber so the cost is pretty high. I don't imagine we will sell too many of those until folks start racing the NC MX5 more seriously.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian,
The Yellow sure is sweet looking! As soon as I log on to post the photos no longer showed up.
Oh, one more thing can I ask what size tire & wheel combo are on the car in the photos. Fill in the fender wells very nicely.
Look larger than the 235/40-17's most run.

Be safe,
AZ
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

Brian,
If we have the awr fender flares and but want the CF front end is it possible to mount the flares on it?
George

Post by George »

grey_NC wrote:Brian,
If we have the awr fender flares and but want the CF front end is it possible to mount the flares on it?

Or better yet. Would it possible to have the flares built in to the front end? How about some rear fenders w/flares built in too?

Thanks for checking Brian. The cost is high, indeed, but arguably worth it. Does the possibility for a polyurethane type construction exist? Like motorcycle bodywork?
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

George wrote:
grey_NC wrote:Brian,

Or better yet. Would it possible to have the flares built in to the front end? How about some rear fenders w/flares built in too?

Thanks for checking Brian. The cost is high, indeed, but arguably worth it. Does the possibility for a polyurethane type construction exist? Like motorcycle bodywork?

Hi George, Yes, could do the nose with the flares built in. Can do carbon fiber or fiberglass...not urethane.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

so if I already have the fiberglass flares I can rivet it onto the CF front end just like how I would install them if I had the OEM front (cut and rivet)?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

grey_NC wrote:so if I already have the fiberglass flares I can rivet it onto the CF front end just like how I would install them if I had the OEM front (cut and rivet)?

Yes, though you could get rid of the rivets and simply glass the flares into the carbon nose.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

I see I see....nice to know :D
another possible part on the list
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great first day on track with the new project. It goes like stink, it turns......it just doesn't yet brake like I want it to. Playing around with the bias some but we need more master cylinder or less from caliper.
Attachments
lagunaNC.jpg
lagunaNC.jpg (64.17 KiB) Viewed 27717 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com