NC Light

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC Light

Post by Brian »

Here is the raw scale of NC Light that we did last week in the rush to get ready for Laguna....this is before I evened up the heights, and prior to corner weighting. After this I also pulled my seat cushion...which lowers me in the car another 2 inches and that got the scale another click down to 2125. That is 2125 wet (full tank), no driver. After this I started by leveling out the front and rear heights and put about half an inch of rake in the car.... and before corner balance we got front heights within 10 pounds left to right. We then raised rear passenger corner and got cross weights pretty tight...but it was getting dark and late and I didn't shoot any more pics of the scales. Nonetheless, this picture shows what you can do with the NC chassis if you get really crazy about weight reduction. I still had full size battery in the trunk because I was out of time to change to the race battery but that should get us another 10 pounds. If we did a carbon trunk lid and a few more things I now think it is possible to get an NC to 2099....that would be cool!
Attachments
NCLightRawCW.jpg
NCLightRawCW.jpg (28.82 KiB) Viewed 30310 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Very impressive weight reduction, Brian. Keep us updated.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
phm14

Post by phm14 »

Badass.
'06 6MT LSD
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Some pics from Laguna Seca. First day out was good, not perfect. Had some minor leaks. Had to switch exhausts after blowing the sound limit. Worked on a brake bias issue and concluded in the end that I need a larger master cylinder for the front. But the potential was enjoyed. It felt great under power, felt great in the turns...light on its feet! Can't wait to make a few more adjustments and try it again at the next event.
Attachments
YellowLagunaA.jpg
YellowLagunaA.jpg (152.87 KiB) Viewed 30185 times
YellowLagunaB.jpg
YellowLagunaB.jpg (154.62 KiB) Viewed 30185 times
YellowLagunaC.jpg
YellowLagunaC.jpg (291.25 KiB) Viewed 30185 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mykrrrr

Post by mykrrrr »

looks great Brian. :twisted:
Panic.button

Post by Panic.button »

Are you running a staggered tire setup? What sizes?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Same on all corners...PF01 18x9.5, 45mm with 255/35/18 size tires.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Post by Panic.button »

It looks like an illusion! Really does make it look like a staggered setup, haha. Anyhow the photography is great. It's definitely a plus when you have someone that has some talent being a lens.
ptr622

Post by ptr622 »

how come you have not deleted the lights and use a piece of CF to cover the holes? it could save some more weight.

what kind of splitter do you use on the front bumper? is it the one from your shop?

anyway, very very nice machine!
Traum

Post by Traum »

ptr622 wrote:how come you have not deleted the lights and use a piece of CF to cover the holes? it could save some more weight.
I suspect the fog light holes were left there in the open, and Brian's front brakes vent kit was installed to help cool the brake discs.

-Lik
What God has united, let men not divide.