Super20 SEMA MX5 Flares

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
lobsternet1

Re: Super20 SEMA MX5 Flares

Post by lobsternet1 »

I'd like to know more about the grill w/fog lights...

I really like that
hlin

Post by hlin »

Hey Ron,

You are right regarding the double sided tape. I think some trimming would definitely need to be done to make the most of the additional width, as you can see the lip is quite large out of the box. I'll try to post pictures of it mocked up on the car tomorrow so you guys can see how far in the lip goes relative to the stock fenders :)

Henry
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

Thanks for taking the time to take/share photos. Just so I'm clear, the lip on the flare would slide up against the stock fender lip? Looking forward to seeing your additional photos showing the flare lip vs. stock fender lip.
finiata

Post by finiata »

After looking at these it looks like it will require trimming most of the lip off these to gain anything. Also looks like it would require cutting the stock fender out to gain room. Really need to see the underneath pics.
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

I too was assuming that to be the case, but if it goes out far enough, then for my purposes it's very worthwhile. My main goal is to not kill the looks of my beautiful paint job.

Ron
finiata

Post by finiata »

Yah I'm looking for a clean way to get my 18X9.5's and 285's on this car.
hlin

Post by hlin »

Hey guys,

The album has been updated, hopefully they give you a better idea of how much trimming you'll need. The wheels/tires in the pictures are my winter setup, 205/55/16 on the stock 16" rims. Using my super quick and dirty plumb-bob :P, the outside edge of the flares are approximately 2.5" away from the outside edge of the stock 16" rims in the front and 2.75" away in the rear.

Henry
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Looks kinda goofy with your stock 16s, but otherwise looks great!

Henry, would you say that there looks to be plenty of attachment capabilities on the sides, so that the tops could be cut flush with the outside of the flare, and still have plenty of support when you factoe in the double sided tape in the fenders themselves?

It sure is looking like these will do exactly what I need for my DP car.

Ron
hlin

Post by hlin »

Hey Ron,

I guess I'm going to have to live with a goofy looking winter setup in order to run a nice wide summer setup. The fender flares follow the curves of the body quite well all along the inside face where the double sided tape is, so I think it could work even if you cut the top part of the stock fenders out. Although personally I'm leaning towards letting a body shop do the install for me by cutting out the stock fender like Brian posted in his silver supercharged NC and perhaps fully bonding the flares on.

Looking forward to seeing how your install goes!

Henry
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Does anyone know where i can get the NoPro front lip for the NC.
Attachments
NOPRO NC!.jpg
NOPRO NC!.jpg (96.25 KiB) Viewed 10930 times
NOPRO NC.jpg
NOPRO NC.jpg (42.39 KiB) Viewed 10930 times