Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Brian »

The CHALLENGE: Take a virgin 2012 Miata and substantially INCREASE THE FUN factor without pissing off the WIFE!

The entire concept of "wife safe mods' has been a common theme in emails from male customers from around the world for as long as we have been in business and now that my wife has a brand new 2012 we finally have the perfect platform to develop an entire range of products that add fun without making the car TOO LOUD, TOO ROUGH, or otherwise too much for the co-driving spouses of the world.

Therefore, unlike our several 2006 and 2007 NCs, this one is NOT going to be a race car. It is not going to be an autocross or track beast. We already have the fastest NC track and autocross Miatas. This one is going to be pure street toy where the mods make it more fun without compromising the comfort factor. My wife says we should call it our "Super Sport" and/or "Super Street" project, or "SS" for short. We have some new goodies to try in it, including our new RoadsterSport Street header with converter and some new sway bars and other fun stuff. Got a suggestion? Let us know!
Attachments
2012 SS Project.jpg
2012 SS Project.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 109540 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rr1santos

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by rr1santos »

Nice project...what are your plans as it is your wife's DD? N/A or F/I. Also, the RS street header ready for the market? Since it has a converter on it is it restrictive as far as exhaust compared to the regular RS header? Power gains the same?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Would like to make the car more of a true GT, speed with comfort. Other than that, no plans yet...

Obviously no header with converter will match gains of the full open RoadsterSport header. Like our PPE header with converter, I expect the RoadsterSport street header with converter will give up a few ponies at the top end, but should be similar in the midrange (not done yet, still in testing).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Well, it obviously still needs a supercharger...! ;)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

jboemler wrote:Well, it obviously still needs a supercharger...! ;)
Yes, I think that's right!

Now to convince the wife.... :lol:
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Interesting. I'll be watching this thread.

I think the NC, with a little intake and exhaust work, has plenty of power for daily driving without forced induction. Since you already have the supercharged car, I'd like to see what you do for an atmospheric engine for street use.

I like that you're going in a different direction this car. I certainly appreciate the full-bore approach you've taken with your supercharged car, NC Extreme, and NC Light, but something more streetable would also be nice to see. My STR NC2 is also my daily driver (when I'm not dailying my stripped NA), though it's a little more hard-core than most would drive on the street. Thus my interest.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
twowheeled

Post by twowheeled »

I vote some 10" subs, 19" rims, nitrous, and underglow. :P
Michele

Post by Michele »

I'll be following this project since that is the type of use and upgrades I have planned for my 2010 GT PRHT. I want a fun to drive roadster for daily use. Looking forward to see what you do.
Michele
2010 MX-5 GT PRHT
matthew-m

Post by matthew-m »

Will you be attempting CARB approval for the engine modifications, so your California customers can enjoy these future products?
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
roadster_nh

Post by roadster_nh »

Given its DD status, I think it would be interesting as a test bed for strategic placement of lightweight sound deadening material. With that and the performance mods, you could look at it as 'civilized performance.'
2003 LS FFS