Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
AZ Sun Lover

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

My .02 cents, is one vote for the rolled tips. :wink:

Any word about the 2nd try on the new Progress springs yet? Brian, how much drop front & rear are you looking for with OEM shocks on the PRHT NC2?

Thanks,
AZ
Oz

Post by Oz »

mazdaracerchick wrote:We have started a list of possible names for our little copper red.....thanks for your suggestions!

Penny
Cinnamon
Rhonda
Reba
Ruby
Scarlett
Roxanne
Rosie

Thanks to those who emailed us!

Keep them coming and vote for your favorite :)
Just reading through the thread and spotted this.

In Oz those fiery little redheads are called Rangas
Ranga would IMHO be a good choice for this soon to be fiery red lady.
BTW its pronounced Rang (as in the phone rang), uh ( sorta like the 'u' in duck)

Have fun!
Rob Young
Black 2005 NCLE GWR Exh, Cosworth, Mototune, Ohlins, PF01
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

AZ Sun Lover wrote:My .02 cents, is one vote for the rolled tips. :wink:

Any word about the 2nd try on the new Progress springs yet? Brian, how much drop front & rear are you looking for with OEM shocks on the PRHT NC2?

Thanks,
AZ
Still working on options, currently 14 inch rear, 14.25 front.....and still working on the front.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:

Thanks,
AZ
Still working on options, currently 14 inch rear, 14.25 front.....and still working on the front.
Thanks Brian,
May I ask what was the stock ride height on your 2012 PRHT?
I contacted Progress, once you and Jeff @ Progress get what your looking for. I asked for a set also, to try on a 07 GT soft top.
I wouldn't mind a bit more drop up front. S2K rake :wink:

Thanks again,
AZ

Oh, Are we getting closer on the date for the street header? Can you have the new street header ceramic coated. SS turns dark brown within time anyway, so why not have it coated black to start with. I would pay extra for the service.
Last edited by AZ Sun Lover on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We were a hair above 14.5 all around stock.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MichaelM012

Post by MichaelM012 »

Hey Brian, I recently picked up a set of Eibach/MazdaSpeed PRHT springs from ya for my 2012 SE. I think my stock height was about 14.25 all around. After the install it dropped to 13.375" front and 13.5" rear with the PRHT down. I'm curious, if I pick up the Koni shock set, do you think it'll drop it down another .5"? Here is a pic after the drop. (I posted this on Miata.net as well.) Also, do you have any pics of the RPF1 SBC wheels mounted up? I'm still on the fence about which wheels to get, but I want to keep it at 17x7 or 17x7.5 with 215/45 tires. I'm keeping mine a street car and will continue to watch this thread. Cannot wait for the header to be out!

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Looks good! Yes, I would expect to drop roughly another half inch if you add the Koni.

We are still waiting on the 17x7.5 SBC and will mount them up as soon as they arrive.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

AZ Sun Lover wrote:
Brian wrote:

Thanks,
AZ
Thanks Brian,
May I ask what was the stock ride height on your 2012 PRHT?
I contacted Progress, once you and Jeff @ Progress get what your looking for. I asked for a set also, to try on a 07 GT soft top.
I wouldn't mind a bit more drop up front. S2K rake :wink:

Thanks again,
AZ
If you're taking votes, I'm with AZ Sun Lover. From various posts I've seen from people running coilovers, it seems like the NC likes a little bit of rake. So my vote would be for 14 inch rear and 13.5-13.75 front on stock shocks, and half an inch lower than that all around on Konis. Still holding out on my shock/spring purchase to see how these new Progress springs turn out!
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Cool, we are on the same page. Got 14 in the rear, just playing with the fronts and currently they are waiting on me.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:Cool, we are on the same page. Got 14 in the rear, just playing with the fronts and currently they are waiting on me.

Yes they are. I'm in for 14" rear & 13.5" front on stock shocks. :mrgreen:

Are we still going to be shipping out the new street header by the end of June? Brian are the weld in 02 bungs you sell stainless steel? If so, may I buy one bung to weld in my mid-pipe?

AZ