Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
MichaelM012

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by MichaelM012 »

What are those last measurements again? Left Front is both 14.25" and 14.5"? Which is the right front? Was this measured with top up or top down? Just curious. Mine was 14.25" all around with top up. But measured it with top down after the spring install. I need to go back and see if there is as difference between top up and top down.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We drove the project car for autocross practice on Saturday, having a real hoot with this toy. Will post a video of the prior event.

Loving the SmartTOP Mod. My wife asked for this mod for a while and I must admit that I was skeptical because the top already goes down in 12 seconds....even if having to be in neutral and hold the button the entire time is a minor inconvenience. But I really love being able to roll away while the top is still going up or down and I find that I drop the top much more now that I don't have that little worry about finishing the job before the light turns green.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Curves

Post by Curves »

MichaelM012 wrote:What are those last measurements again? Left Front is both 14.25" and 14.5"? Which is the right front? Was this measured with top up or top down? Just curious. Mine was 14.25" all around with top up. But measured it with top down after the spring install. I need to go back and see if there is as difference between top up and top down.
I have two sets of measurements there. One when the car was new and now at 1000 miles. Left Front dropped from 14.5 to 14.25 and the others remained the same. My measurements are all top up.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hmmm...
Attachments
NC under panels.jpg
NC under panels.jpg (163.04 KiB) Viewed 7923 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

Underpanels?
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

Minor insulation?
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Those are the two panels we, the North American model don't have. Even Mazda North America cannot buy them. ASAIK they are Japan and Europe specific parts. Some lucky individual in North America have them cove with the car.

I have made my own version of the one on the left. I also have the opportunely to buy the one on the right for cheap. Didn't buy it because of overheating concern (on track).
Reitrof

Post by Reitrof »

Umm where do they go? Not sure what their purpose is?
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Reitrof wrote:Umm where do they go? Not sure what their purpose is?
Same here. Still waiting for the new springs!

AZ
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

As correctly pointed out above, these are indeed offered in Europe and not in the USA. By further sealing up the bottom the path of air under the car is smoother and quieter (and the bit of insulation on these panels also helps cut road noise). We noted at the start of this 2012 project that road noise at freeway speeds was something we wanted to work on and we figured we would start with the factory's own bolt on panels and see if we could actually measure a difference on the same stretch of road with our DB meter. Brought a few of these at ridiculous costs from Europe to give them a try and then we will likely go from there (we might make our own versions if we can find solid gains....but won't be doing our full flat bottom setup like we use on our race cars, just curious for now as to what differences we can measure...if any).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com