Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
catshark

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by catshark »

Formula Silver Volk TE37 or RE28s would save a ton of weight in the 17x7.5 size and look amazing.
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

Brian, any new news on the development of the super-q exhaust?
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Working on it, but still months away.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

No problem. I couldn't wait, so I looked for sound clips on youtube and found a good one comparing the stock muffler and the Q. It was exactly what I was looking for, so I called up and ordered a Q today. Your customer service is second to none. Every time I call or email I get quick responses, shipping is always hassle free and fast, and your prices are really good as well. Thanks for everything.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
NavyLt

Post by NavyLt »

Brian, any word on the progress of your stainless steel PPE-like header? Also, any idea of the price point? Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got lots of expensive prototypes sitting around. For example, on the left you see unit that uses the same angled exit converter as the PPE, so it looks much like the PPE except we use fewer sections, and give a little more clearance to the alternator with the number 1 primary. Did an optimized version of that style for testing and comparison purposes. PPE went to production with that style because the STR rules required keeping converter in the 'stock location'...but those STR rules are now gone so also experimenting more with style you see on the right.....where we max the length of the primaries by shoving converter down against the lower flange. Still testing versions and a few months from production. Still have a goal of $550 range but won't know for sure until we get there.

Also playing with various Prototypes for revised Q muffler, including potential new tip design that gives thicker look...without adding weight.
Attachments
RoadsterSport New Rolled Tip.jpg
RoadsterSport New Rolled Tip.jpg (115.56 KiB) Viewed 27338 times
RoadsterSport Q New Tips.jpg
RoadsterSport Q New Tips.jpg (52.13 KiB) Viewed 27407 times
Cat Header.jpg
Cat Header.jpg (34.45 KiB) Viewed 28009 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

BriAn and Andi this is a great thread and one that I will follow closely. I just took delivery of a liquid silver GT PRHT 6SM two weeks ago. Only 250 miles as I have been out of town for the last week, but looking forward to a dry weekend coming up.

This all started when I read the press release about the new SE in white and red. I immediately inquired locally about a white one, but unfortunately the dealers here in Sacramento (probably most places out west) just won't deal. So I bought a silver 2012 at a big discount, which gives me cash to improve the ride and handling. Maybe I will end up with my own silver special edition. BTW, I sold a 2007 S2000 just to get back in the Miata fold.

I have already swapped the stock wheels and tires for Enkei Fujin's in black... 17x7.5 +50 and 215/45 Star Specs. Also installed the RB sways and Tein Flex Coilovers. I am writing this in the waiting room of Les Schwab waiting for my alignment (based on Brian's suggested settings thank you) to be completed. I am still researching mufflers, RSQ duals or FM...not sure yet. And I have also discovered the wonders of PlastiDip to help in the conversion to an SE.

Anyway, I will keep checking back to this thread, and I'll post a picture when I get a chance.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

jboemler wrote:As you know, the stock brakes work very well, so going to four-pot calipers seems like a real waste for a street car. Going to two-piece rotors in stock size might be worthwhile for the weight savings, though.
If only someone (Racing Brake?) would make two-piece rotors for the front in the stock size... :?
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:Got lots of expensive prototypes sitting around. For example, on the left you see unit that uses the same angled exit converter as the PPE, so it looks much like the PPE except we use fewer sections, and give a little more clearance to the alternator with the number 1 primary. Did an optimized version of that style for testing and comparison purposes. PPE went to production with that style because the STR rules required keeping converter in the 'stock location'...but those STR rules are now gone so also experimenting more with style you see on the right.....where we max the length of the primaries by shoving converter down against the lower flange. Still testing versions and a few months from production. Still have a goal of $550 range but won't know for sure until we get there.
Brian,
I will call in a credit card # for the one on the right if it's got the 2 gen cat & has pre & post bungs installed? Don't care if it's polished as I plan on having it ceramic coated. Polished looks nice for the first few thousand miles but years down the road it looks ugly brown. (still much better then rust) Plus I have plans on using a header blanket *AZ heat you know*

Just let me know I would be happy to be a tester.

:wink:
AZ
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

rpmchris wrote:
jboemler wrote:As you know, the stock brakes work very well, so going to four-pot calipers seems like a real waste for a street car. Going to two-piece rotors in stock size might be worthwhile for the weight savings, though.
If only someone (Racing Brake?) would make two-piece rotors for the front in the stock size... :?

It would be great but so far it seems unlikely. No space in the front for the connecting hardware between hat and rotor ring. Look at how close the caliper comes to the hat on the inside edge. We looked at doing two-piece DBA5000 rotors but even their newest slim profile connecting hardware won't fit in that tight space.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com