Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Brian »

[quote="AZ Sun Lover"]From the photos of your new street catted header, the post 02 sensor will need to go in the mid-pipe, yes? [End Quote]

That's right.

[quote="AZ Sun Lover"]Get time to install the new Progress springs yet? [End Quote]

Likely this week....perhaps today. I get emails asking why we have not done such and such yet and what may not be obvious from my posts here is that we are test fitting new stuff almost daily and we just don't get around to posting it here, often because items are not finished or because the maker doesn't want us to post before the item is finished. For example, today our project was in the air for test fit of KOYO radiator upgrade. It is almost ready for primetime, some work remains on the condenser mounting. Pic shows you how the Koyo rad is three times thicker than the factory rad. I expect this will be VERY popular with our track and boosted customers as soon as we can get it in production.
Attachments
Koyo Radiator.jpg
Koyo Radiator.jpg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 14129 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

While we had the project in the air today we took the opportunity to change out some factory steel braces for the IL MotorSports braces. Did both the Front Power Train Brace and the X Brace. The front brace is about just over 3 pounds less weight than the stock brace, and the rear X brace is about a pound heavier than the stock brace but much stiffer. The front item fits perfect, the X brace needed the holes adjusted slightly for fitment. These are copies of the same items by Beatrush and not finished near as nicely as the Beatrush versions....but that's the downside of the savings (these are about half the price).

These have the connections for the extra panel that comes stock on Euro cars and not on the USA cars, perhaps somebody in Europe can send us that panel or knows the part number so we can chase it down?
Attachments
factory brace on scale.jpg
factory brace on scale.jpg (37.4 KiB) Viewed 14122 times
IL MotorSports brace on scale.jpg
IL MotorSports brace on scale.jpg (35.24 KiB) Viewed 14122 times
IL MotorSport Braces.jpg
IL MotorSport Braces.jpg (162.35 KiB) Viewed 14123 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ptr622

Post by ptr622 »

gearbox cover (between the two red braces): NE85-56-1A0B

plastic cover (betweent oilpan cover and 1st red brace): N121-56-1E0B

pictures:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.php? ... ostcount=8
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

ptr622 wrote:gearbox cover (between the two red braces): NE85-56-1A0B

pictures:

Thanks for the posts ptr622, anybody have suggestion for source for those since Mazda USA does not even recognize the part numbers?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Progress Springs Installed!

Love driving on these springs, they are just amazing! Installed them with the stock Bilsteins to start (so we can work on getting NC2 heights correct with these springs). Took to our local twisty roads last night for a Sunset romp..... and picked a few tight roads that I know are all cracked up and rough. The result is that I would swear ride quality is as good or better than stock! The stock springs tend to get floaty in some transitions, particularly over a rise in the surface and the result with the stock springs is that after the car crests the rise the soggy stock springs will allow a crash into the bumpstops over significant undulations and dips in the road. In contrast, the Progress springs do a much better job of keeping the car out of the bumpstops and the overall result is actually smoother than stock, particularly when pushing the car in the twisty sections.

As for heights, didn't get the results we wanted, only lowered a quarter inch, will continue working with Progress on NC2 springs until we get the heights we seek.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

Very cool news Brian. I like to feel a little responsible for suggesting the idea! Yes, yes I claim it. ;)
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

eluviis wrote:Very cool news Brian. I like to feel a little responsible for suggesting the idea! Yes, yes I claim it. ;)
You and Randy will have to arm wrestle on that one... :P
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

^ Ha! I had to go back and scan the thread. I see he beat me to it by a couple hours.

I retract my claim. :mrgreen:
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Brian wrote:
ptr622 wrote:gearbox cover (between the two red braces): NE85-56-1A0B

pictures:

Thanks for the posts ptr622, anybody have suggestion for source for those since Mazda USA does not even recognize the part numbers?
I have been after the tranny cover for years. I can get them from Japan but the shipping is far too expensive. IIRC the parts is only ~US$50 but the shipping is far more expensive because of the box size. I dropped this project because of cost issue.
MichaelM012

Post by MichaelM012 »

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but not too new to Miatas. I'm keeping track of this car(thread) because I also want to keep my 2012 SE streetable. It has become my daily driver. I have a question about the new RoadsterSport Street Header. I preordered it and cannot wait for them to be sent out, but I am a bit confused about which extended O2 wires to order. I will use this header along with the RoadsterSport Midpipe. Which O2 extenders do I need to order? Also, for a daily driver, would you consider 17x9's too much with either 225/45 or 235/40 tires? I notice Brian is going with 205 or 215s. I'm also considering 215/45 on either a 17x7.5 or 17x8 wheel. What do you recommend for street use? Thanks for any help.