NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Post by Brian »

UPDATED Answer. I got an email from Jay, the SCCA STR class racer who owns the NC the testing was competed on. He informs me that the results are all on the SAME NC.

As Jay explains: "STR prepped car is mine - same car with same bumped limiter to ~ 7450rpm. Lower rpm dyno was soon after getting the ECU back.. I was hesitant on bumping up to the limiter back then. Be assured - those dynos are from the same car."
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Post by Panic.button »

What I found interesting is the sound comparison of the roadstersport headers versus the ppe long tube headers. I did some reading on both posts(this one and the older NC DYNO post). The information is old, so I'm not exactly sure how reliable it is.

[Aimless comparison of old headers versus new]

Would you guys agree that these numbers are accurate?
Last edited by Panic.button on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, useless comparison...because those numbers are not on the same day, same humidity, same recording instrument, same distance, same section of the course, etc.

Certainly competitors are running both setups at the same event....and checking the sound logs might be helpful if you know who was running what.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Post by Panic.button »

Fair enough, I'll delete those to not confuse people in the future.

But is it safe to assume that the PPE setup is louder than the roadstersport setup, both using a race single muffler?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Panic.button wrote:But is it safe to assume that the PPE setup is louder than the roadstersport setup, both using a race single muffler?
Sorry, I would guess so....but that's merely a guess...and without comparison on same instrument at same event at same distance, etc.,....I don't actually know.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

The PPE setup has a bigger cat and bigger resonator. Although my autocross car and daily driver don't both have the DP Tune done (autocross only), I'm of the opinion that the GWR header/midpipe combo is louder. Race car has PPE, daily has GWR - both have Roadstersport mufflers.

Ron
Panic.button

Post by Panic.button »

Do you have another event coming up sometime in the near future? I would be interested in stopping by just to hear the setup.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Panic.button wrote:Do you have another event coming up sometime in the near future? I would be interested in stopping by just to hear the setup.
My NC with supercharger won't help answer that question...

But most of the guys in STR class are running either the long tube or our RoadsterSport setup. So, attend any SCCA autocross event and watch the STR class. Our next local event is June 24th...but no idea who will run what at that event.

Since Ron owns both setups, that's the best data we have so far, and he perceived the PPE setup to be more quiet. I do remember and noted in the prior pages that I was impressed when I heard it at event here with the how the PPE sound level and tone is quite reasonable.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Post by Panic.button »

Sounds great! I'll stop by for that event.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Heads up...we are getting a late rush on our Long Tube PPE headers by drivers heading for Nationals and I expect we will be sold out by next week. Production time on the next batch will take 4 weeks. Thus... anybody who 'must have it' for Nationals is encouraged to order it soon.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com