NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Chris Thompson

Re: NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Post by Chris Thompson »

wrh3 wrote:Like most mods, this is all fairly subjective-
Yup. I'm driving this car daily with 750/450 springs that most would never dream of...but they work for me. Perception is everything.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
wrh3

Post by wrh3 »

Chris Thompson wrote:
wrh3 wrote:Like most mods, this is all fairly subjective-
Yup. I'm driving this car daily with 750/450 springs that most would never dream of...but they work for me. Perception is everything.
Sounds perfect to me :mrgreen:

If I keep this car after I'm done with it for business travel, I may have to step up to that too.....for now the upgrade I have works much better than OE.
Bill - 2011 Miata SE
billswebspace.com
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

I have the PPE LT header and front section of midpipe ready to install...I'm going to use a Coast Fabrication 6.25" OD 17" long muffler where the original resonator goes, with a turn down at the rear diff. I'll get sound measurements and then decide if an additional muffler is needed.

On the springs, my 800/500 setup is pretty darn firm...I drove the car back from Lincoln (650 miles one way), and to/from Little Rock (300 mi. each way) for an autocross this weekend. Not for the faint of heart.
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

rpmchris wrote:I have the PPE LT header and front section of midpipe ready to install...I'm going to use a Coast Fabrication 6.25" OD 17" long muffler where the original resonator goes, with a turn down at the rear diff. I'll get sound measurements and then decide if an additional muffler is needed.

On the springs, my 800/500 setup is pretty darn firm...I drove the car back from Lincoln (650 miles one way), and to/from Little Rock (300 mi. each way) for an autocross this weekend. Not for the faint of heart.
That's a great idea, Chris. I didn't measure the Magnaflow that the PPE comes with but it's not small. Perhaps with a CF or Burns and a turn down you may not need anything out back for competition use. Good luck with that and please let us know the outcome. Part of the reason I like the 750/450 combo (besides performance) is now my wife doesn't want to drive my car so often.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

rpmchris wrote:I have the PPE LT header and front section of midpipe ready to install...I'm going to use a Coast Fabrication 6.25" OD 17" long muffler where the original resonator goes, with a turn down at the rear diff. I'll get sound measurements and then decide if an additional muffler is needed.

rpmchris,
I don't know the weight of the Magnaflow 12646 but the body size is 6" round by 18". They sell for less then $84 shipped, from sellers on flebay. (eBay)

Good luck at Nat's this year & I hope the better half is doing ok after her surgery. Your a good man & husband!

Take care,
AZ
shivstr

Post by shivstr »

Hi there,

Any chance owners could do a video of the sound, particularly with the 'Q' exhaust? Very curious! :)
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

brian, any reason why there is no end of header mounting point?
as it is now the header is in free float between the cylinder head and the flex mounting point behind the converter.

stock... things mounting at bottom of photo
20121117_008 by jeremy!, on Flickr
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The aftermarket tubular headers are both lighter and stronger than the factory header and don't need the support bracket.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

10-4.
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

question to anyone with this header installed.

has anyone had trouble making the mid pipe and header mate totally flat? my mid pipe is coming in at a very slight angle compaired to the header flange, and there is no wiggle room.
cosmetically i really dont car, but it is generated a small exhaust leak. which is annoying me now.

other than that! woo! i do like having some power south of 5,000 rpm :D
...wonder how much better the car will feel with a intake added to the equation.