Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Chuck H

Re: Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Post by Chuck H »

Interesting. I can't seem to pick up the pics in a quoted post, but the springs in the 2nd picture look like Swift took a similar approach to Flyin' Miata for the springs -- only a few active coils, and some "dead" coils at the top to increase the spring length.

I'm curious to see how they ride with the stock Bilsteins. Probably not too well. :mrgreen:
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

roads around here aren't that bad, and i drive more highway than side roads, but the ride isn't terrible. i've ridden in some bad cars, and this is far from being bad. its stiff, but not harsh. you can feel a little bit of float, but its not bouncy.

i make my comments based on the limited (so far) time i've had with the springs installed. the car definitely handles better, but i also haven't pushed it as hard as some might. these are also the first set of springs Swift has supplied. the production versions might still be changed slightly.
xsnipersgox

Post by xsnipersgox »

Oh my that drop looks perfect, another 1/4" at the rear no bottoming out during hard cornering and ill throw money at the prototype spring
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

they ride really nice, even on the stock dampers. tracks nice and easy on the highway, not too much bouncing on the REALLY rough stuff, and enough stiffness to provide decent feedback from the road.
xsnipersgox

Post by xsnipersgox »

Do a 15 mph salolom in a parking lot. Does anything scrub?
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

xsnipersgox wrote:Do a 15 mph salolom in a parking lot. Does anything scrub?
i'll try it, but i've taken some intersections pretty hot and haven't had any scrubbing. the car will slide out on me before it scrubs, or rubs, or whatever.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

It has been over a month without any information on this. How is Swift coming along? Is their a projected sales date yet?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Normal....I think the Progress springs developed on my wife's car took about a year from start of project until product was complete and ready to ship....and that was REALLY FAST. So, expect that months may pass between updates....but they are working on it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

How sad, but at least I will have the money by then.
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

don't give up hope, the wait will be worth it!

i still have the first prototype set on my car, and i am getting used to them more every day. rear springs are likely to stay as is, and a new set of front springs are currently being manufactured. seems the front dropped a little lower than desired by the design crew. sounds like end of September before i see those new springs in my hands. then, i assume, another 2-3 weeks of driving on them before a decision is made concerning the new ride height. after that, if all is good, production tooling and kick-off can take place. my wild-@$$-guess is that they will be ready for general consumption early 2014.