Set up for options Progress sways/springs with Koni sports

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
SteveL149

Set up for options Progress sways/springs with Koni sports

Post by SteveL149 »

I was wondering if anyone had tips for different set ups using Progress Sway bars and Springs with Koni Sport shocks. I just installed these on my 06 GT and set the sways on the middle hole in front and first hole in the back. Shocks are set 1/2 way between soft and stiff. I haven't really had a chance to test it out much on this daily driver, but wondering if anyone has put together a matrix of how different combinations affect suspension performance.
'06 GT, True Red, 6MT, LSD, Koni Sports, Progress Springs/Sways, FatCat Bump Stops, AEM CAI, RS Max Flow Combo, TrackDog Header Blanket, Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Enkie PF01 18x8/Hankook 215/40, Wet Okie Custom Seat Covers, Cobalt Billet Pedals.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Set up for options Progress sways/springs with Koni spor

Post by Brian »

Tune to taste....

Autocrossers will use the Koni to adjust the balance, usually starting full stiff on the front and full soft at the rear on cold tires and after the first runs they dial up the rear and perhaps soften the front until they get the balance they want (front tires will get to heat first....but rear tires will catch up on 3rd and 4th runs).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com