NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.

NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby Pat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Which brace do you recommend that won't interfere with the adjusters of the Ohlins? Secondly what the is the availability/lead time to get?
Pat
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:46 am

Re: NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Pat

We are working on some new choices...but right now I think the easy choice and bargain is the Cobalt (link HERE)
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7799
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby drpro » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 pm

I just installed new Ohlins thanks to Brian's recent sale. I have the Cobalt brace, easy, no problems making adjustments to the settings.

Questions for Brian. Now that I have the Ohlins installed what would you suggest for alignment settings? Also, I am about to complete the exhaust overhaul with a short cat PPE header. Would a header blanket be worthwhile or stick with stock.

Thanks
David
drpro
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby roadster_nh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Brian wrote:Hi Pat

We are working on some new choices...but right now I think the easy choice and bargain is the Cobalt (link HERE)


Possibly something that will integrate with your engine brace??????
2009 - Marble White
roadster_nh
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: DFW

Re: NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:02 pm

drpro wrote:I just installed new Ohlins thanks to Brian's recent sale. I have the Cobalt brace, easy, no problems making adjustments to the settings.

Questions for Brian. Now that I have the Ohlins installed what would you suggest for alignment settings? Also, I am about to complete the exhaust overhaul with a short cat PPE header. Would a header blanket be worthwhile or stick with stock.

Thanks
David



Give me some feel for how much of your mileage is freeway. 50%? 80%? 20%?
Also, let me know if any autocross or track in the plans.

PPE header already ceramic coated, blanket would still help lower underhood temps.... but also might scratch up the coating over time. Thus, we generally skip the blanket on the coated headers.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7799
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA

Re: NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby drpro » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks Brian, saved my $100!! Driving is mostly town and freeway 80% with the remaining 20% on curvy roads with the Miata club. No track or auto cross.

Thanks
David
drpro
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby Pat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 am

Brian thanks for the recommendation, order has been placed.

drpro wrote:Thanks Brian, saved my $100!! Driving is mostly town and freeway 80% with the remaining 20% on curvy roads with the Miata club. No track or auto cross.

Thanks
David


I'm also interested in the alignment suggestions as I'm doing my final ride height tweaking.
Pat
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:46 am

Re: NC Front Shock Tower Brace

Postby Brian » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:58 am

drpro wrote:Thanks Brian, saved my $100!! Driving is mostly town and freeway 80% with the remaining 20% on curvy roads with the Miata club. No track or auto cross.

Thanks
David


With that 80% freeway we can't get too crazy on negative camber, here is my suggestion

FRONT
1.2 negative camber
Toe IN 1/32 per size.
Caster 5

Rear
1.2 negative camber
Toe IN 1/32 per size.


These are VERY conservative numbers because of that 80% freeway use. IF freeway was more like 50% of your mileage I would dial camber to negative 1.5. And if freeway was a minority of mileage, like 30%, then I would go negative 1.8 on camber. Track customers will ZERO toe, autocross customers will often Toe OUT the front.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7799
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am
Location: San Diego CA


Return to Mazda Miata and Fiat 124

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests