OMP WRC-R and the NC driver side rail

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ScottW491

OMP WRC-R and the NC driver side rail

Post by ScottW491 »

Anybody tried this combo? Brian? I'd rather spend $99 with you than $169 from OMP

I would also be using a slider since I'm not the only driver possible.

I would also be interested in knowing what seat folks are using in their NC's.
The Sparco Pro 2000 looks good too. Corbeau FORZA Sport??

And Brian, the 6point harness you showcase, is it just the right combo of price and safety that you have experienced since their are a bazillion choices out there.

TY for your time.

-scott (5'10" 205lbs 34" waist)
halfpint

Re: OMP WRC-R and the NC driver side rail

Post by halfpint »

Not quite the exact same combo but here's my setup for reference. OMP WRC with Planted side mounts and seat bracket with Sparco sliders. Its a tight fit and you have to get everything aligned just right but it does fit.
jamaican_tuner

Post by jamaican_tuner »

ScottW491 wrote:Anybody tried this combo? Brian? I'd rather spend $99 with you than $169 from OMP

I would also be using a slider since I'm not the only driver possible.

I would also be interested in knowing what seat folks are using in their NC's.
The Sparco Pro 2000 looks good too. Corbeau FORZA Sport??

And Brian, the 6point harness you showcase, is it just the right combo of price and safety that you have experienced since their are a bazillion choices out there.

TY for your time.

-scott (5'10" 205lbs 34" waist)
I have an OMP RSPT2 in my NC using Planted side seat brackets and the Good-win-racing seat base.

Initially planned to add in a sparco slider but it raised the seat too high and caused helmet clearance issues with the soft top.

I am 5'9" 180 LBS 32 waist.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I have Sparco seats in two NC, and Cobra in the NC LIGHT.

I like the Sparco seats....but I love that Cobra seat. Cobra Suzuka Pro on our mounts and no slider.

It all comes back to what fits YOU the best. Fitting seats is like fitting Jeans, you really want to try each yourself. I always suggest folks attend local autocross/track events and ask folks if you can try their seats. Most are willing to let you try their seat and it's very useful for finding what fits your particular body type.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jamaican_tuner

Post by jamaican_tuner »

Brian wrote:I have Sparco seats in two NC, and Cobra in the NC LIGHT.

I like the Sparco seats....but I love that Cobra seat. Cobra Suzuka Pro on our mounts and no slider.

It all comes back to what fits YOU the best. Fitting seats is like fitting Jeans, you really want to try each yourself. I always suggest folks attend local autocross/track events and ask folks if you can try their seats. Most are willing to let you try their seat and it's very useful for finding what fits your particular body type.
I had a Cobra Suzuka Pro seat in my VW and it was too narrow in the shoulder area for me. Fantastic quality and construction but too narrow.