rear end sagging on new set up

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
nova99sport

rear end sagging on new set up

Post by nova99sport »

Ok so I have Koni strt paired with h&r lowering springs on a 99 sport. The first springs I tried were racing beat but they were way to bouncy, I was almost hitting my head over every little bump. The rear suspension though seemed to drop much more than the front and the car looked wrong.

After swapping to h&r springs the ride was ten times better but the rear end is still sagging way down and the rear chamber in the back is killing my tire tread. I have heard that fatcat bumpstops have actually helped level cars out with this problem though I'm not sure as I've only seen three people saying it worked. The bumpstops I used when I put the new set up in were powerflex.

I know some adjustable coilovers like tien would be an easy way to balance but like I said this is already my second set of springs and I don't have the money right now for all that so if fatcat bumpstops would help I would much rather try that out first.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: rear end sagging on new set up

Post by Brian »

Got a PRHT (Power Retracting Hard Top) Model?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

Brian wrote:Got a PRHT (Power Retracting Hard Top) Model?
he said he has a 99 model...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The FCM stops are not going to help height, they are not for setting or adjusting height.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nova99sport

Post by nova99sport »

Ok thanks Brian. I guess I'm just going to ride it how it is for a while and maybe upgrade to adjustable coil overs later on. or What about the adjustable rear control arms? does anybody have experience with those?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Adjustable rear control arms are also not going to do much for height. Height is about springs (and shock pressure to lesser extent). Thinking creatively about how you might adjust with setup you already have, you might talk with ISC Racing about using one pair of their top mounts to lower just the front a bit (added benefit would be more travel up front despite some more lowering).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nova99sport

Post by nova99sport »

Thanks Brian I'll go ahead and talk to them about that. If I could do that and drop the front just a bit, 1/4-1/2 inch, then it would be perfect.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Might be helpful to know a few more details about your overall suspension setup - what shocks and mileage on those?

-Ryan
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nova99sport

Post by nova99sport »

Koni Strt, the non adjustable orange ones, they only have 2,000 miles on them.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Okay, that brings me back to my prior idea about the ISC top mounts for front.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com