NC2 Splitter

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
njaremka

Re: NC2 Splitter

Post by njaremka »

timw wrote:Any advice if this would fit with minor grinding to a 2013 Club with the Club plastic bottom pieces removed?
you could probably get it to fit, but i dont think it would look pretty. the NC2 and NC3 front bumpers have a very different bumper profile.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Attachments
NB-Splitter-Black-Miata.jpg
NB-Splitter-Black-Miata.jpg (48.56 KiB) Viewed 11571 times
NB-Splitters-black-miata.jpg
NB-Splitters-black-miata.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 11571 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

That's exactly what I wish the NC1 splitter looked like.
ourly

Post by ourly »

I'm buying this for Father's Day, for me, cause I'm a father. I'm buying the 2.5 header for a yet to be named dad type holiday which I will make up this summer. :mrgreen:
jpwfz6

Post by jpwfz6 »

I have to agree 100% with James on this one. If the NC1 splitter looked like this you would have my money by now.
Brian, any chance you would consider this style as an option for the NC1? I appreciate the "r&d dollars" are already spent on the original design so fully understandable if you say "No" :D
Jason
Victoria, BC Canada
:( Sold: 2006 Winning Blue, 2.5L, Progress springs, KYB shocks, Michelin PSS, Full GWR street exhaust.
:D Current: 2017 Fiat 124 Abarth, Rosso red, M/T, Progress springs, Wilwood BBK, Full GWR exhaust
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, indeed no plans to update the NC1.

Note there are tradeoffs. The NC1 urethane item can hit curbs and survive over and over. Not the same result if you bash too many curbs with this fiberglass item!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NaregM677

Post by NaregM677 »

Brian wrote:The NC1 urethane item can hit curbs and survive over and over. Not the same result if you bash too many curbs with this fiberglass item!
I've heard someone mention a Bondo that works for fiberglass. Have you tried this or do you have any repair recommendations?
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, Bondo and other companies make simple fiberglass repair kits that are easy to use if you get chip.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but any chance of the urethane version being available before the end of the year? I love this splitter, but I have this problem with parking too close to curbs, and I don't know if a fiberglass one would survive. If no urethane on the horizon, I might have to get the fiberglass anyway and just be extra careful. :)

Hoping to put this one on my Christmas list and hope Mrs. H is nice to me this year!
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, to my knowledge no urethane coming on this one.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com