Brace Question. Spoiler Question as well.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
MatthewS989

Brace Question. Spoiler Question as well.

Post by MatthewS989 »

Hello all,
I have recently purchased a rear strut tower brace for my NC and am at a cross roads with the front one. I've had to take the factory one off ever since installing the Ohlins coilovers and I was wondering if the front strut tower braces sold here on GWR would sit and bolt right on? Because I'm looking to keep every stock part I replace all good and ready to reinstall if I ever decide to sell the vehicle one day.

My spoiler question is that I was also looking at the DG Motorsports rear spoiler for the MX-5s. I was wondering how I should go about removing the stock spoiler that my NC comes with? Because if not the DG Motorsports spoiler, I do want to get one that will help with lift. Especially since I plan on forging the internals and upping the compression on mine later down the road to up its power.

Thank you all for reading and have a wonderful day!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Brace Question. Spoiler Question as well.

Post by Brian »

Hi Matt

Yes, the front braces we sell will work with the Ohlins.

Hmm, on the rear factory bit, have not removed that item myself...most of the customers for the DG item have cars that did not include the factory item. I would look under the trunk lid to see if any bolts are coming through, and otherwise my guess is that it is held to the trunk with just adhesive.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MatthewS989

Post by MatthewS989 »

Okay. That would make sense for the spoiler.

For the front strut brace, I probably should've clarified that question a little. I know they will work with clearing the dampening knobs, I was wondering if they would just drop in and bolt right on? Because I have the stock mounting bracket on the firewall already, that's what I'm concerned about. If an aftermarket front strut brace will drop right on the stock mounting bracket on the firewall?

Thank you for the reply by the way Brian!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, all the three point choices are made to use that factory firewall bracket. I like the Cobalt as a nice stiff choice for the money, our installer Rocky usually almost has to jump on it to get the install done because it is so stiff. If you really lean on it the brackets off the firewall will flex down until the bolts jump in the holes.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MatthewS989

Post by MatthewS989 »

Okay cool! That's what I was hoping to hear.

Haha. That's hilarious that he has to do that. But it's good to know that it doesn't want to flex once installed on the vehicle!

Thank you so much for all the help with my concerns Brian! This is exactly why I keep referring you to my buddy with an NA Miata. Great feedback and a great community overall!

Always a return customer and visitor to the forums!

Matthew