Progress spring and sways and gwr exhaust questions

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Progress spring and sways and gwr exhaust questions

Post by Brian »

The average Ohlins customer is using them for pure street driving. The Ohlins are a full revolution in the handling of the car, many will tell me it rides better than stock...and yet it sticks the turns and the wallowing of the stock suspension is gone. I use these on my daily driver for the best in street handling...and the fact it can turn fast times in weekend competitions is a bonus.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jassi

Post by jassi »

thanks Brian - have been reading up a lot on this forum as well as m.net and I see a lot of daily drivers with ohlins.
From an adjustments point of view, does one need to tinker a lot with the settings. If I do go down that path, I will end up getting the ohlins fitted by someone locally, hence it will be good to know I don't have to keep going back for changing things like height, preload, etc and I have no mechanical gear at home to do myself.
Also I am confused by the rebuild intervals, although I read that you have been running them for a long while without rebuilding - being my dd downtimes for rebuilds would be difficult for me.
Lastly can you keep the ride height relatively close to stock on these - I want a little bit of lowering say 1/2 to 3/4 inch from stock but don't want to be 'scraping speed bumps' low :)
jassi

Post by jassi »

Hey Brian - I will be ordering the max power ceramic header soon from you as I will be in San Jose in early May. Do I need to order O2 sensor extension cables and which ones?

The plan is to also buy your mid pipes but locally here in Australia from Chris at targa racing and install the headers and mid pipe together to complement the super q :D
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, you 'need' both O2 extensions, it's all explained in the header product description and both extensions are linked from bottom of the product description page for the header so they are easy to find. The only exception is that if working with a tuner they can shut off the second sensor and if you do that you can skip the second sensor extension.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jassi

Post by jassi »

Thanks Brian! Yes saw the descriptions but wanted to confirm before ordering as some people said extension cables are not mandatory. Anyways will order the max power ceramic headers and both long and short O2 extension cables over this weekend :D
jassi

Post by jassi »

Brian wrote:Note I also see in those product descriptions that we have a note about the Street header not fitting Australian Right Hand drive cars....because steering rod is in the way.
Brian - i know you said your street header does not fit rhd cars, but is the catted ppe an option then? Will that fit an rhd car easily as mentioned on your site and will it work with your catted mid-pipe, or does it come with a mid-pipe. I know its an odd comparison, but aside from the cat how would you compare the max power vs catted ppe?
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0895.html
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, catted PPE fits everything...expect only about half the gains as compared with Max Power Header.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jassi

Post by jassi »

Hey Brian - thanks for all the guidance. I've decided on the max power header and ordered the same along with cables and mid pipe from chris (mx5 parts) here locally vs on my US trip as the difference was under 150$ (given the Aussie dollar is doing bad). Now eagerly waiting for the shipment to arrive next week so that Chris can deliver the exhaust to me :D can't wait to have the headers n mid pipe to compliment the super-q :D
jassi

Post by jassi »

Hey Brian - are there any distinctive markings or engravings on your headers and midpipes (similar to the super-q tips engraved roadster sport). In my case, the headers n midpipe are being shipped directly to installer so I wanted to be able to confirm if he puts the right stuff onto my mx5. :wink:
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Pictures on the website are likely your best guide on that, only the muffler tips have 'RoadsterSport' engraved.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com