PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DYNO

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
BillK336

Re: PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DY

Post by BillK336 »

But are the B8's, or B9's for that matter, much different form the OEM Club Bilsteins?
And, if used with RoadsterSport springs, would the B8's use the stock or short bumpstops?
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

^^^ Sorry, that SHOULD have been:
But are the B6's, or B8's for that matter, much different form the OEM Club Bilsteins?
And, if used with RoadsterSport or Progress (ST) springs, would the B8's use the stock or short bumpstops?
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The high speed damping is where I feel the difference over the stock Club Bilsteins, which we tested when first developing our springs. You could use stock bumpstops and that would still give you extra half inch of travel but I prefer our short stops which gives a good extra inch of travel with B8/Short stops compared to stock Club Bilsteins and stock stops (I like more free travel before stops which helps the car soak up more road surface chatter without transfer of that chatter through the stops).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

So now I'm leaning toward B8's with RS springs and bumpstops as a touring solution, instead of Konis, stock springs, and Progress sways. Wouldnt have to worry about jackdown on those winery roads...
'97's SOLD...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great day of fun with Grassroots MotorSports Magazine and our Fiat and ND Miata on track at Willow Springs Raceway. Fair fight with same tires, wheels, suspension, etc. Article coming in future issue with details.
Attachments
FiataMiata4.jpg
FiataMiata4.jpg (84.74 KiB) Viewed 9131 times
FiatBigBrake.jpg
FiatBigBrake.jpg (78.52 KiB) Viewed 9131 times
NDMiataFiata.jpg
NDMiataFiata.jpg (69.8 KiB) Viewed 9131 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Teaser Pics from Tom Suddard of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine from shootout last weekend.

Excited to read the Article !
Attachments
Good-Win Racing Pics Tom - 3.jpeg
Good-Win Racing Pics Tom - 4.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Brian, quick cosmetic question for you. Does the Velox diffuser hide the resonator on the long tube mid-pipe? I was considering modifying the mid-pipe to make it sit higher by replacing the resonator with a Burns SS muffler ($350-$550). If the diffuser hides it when looking at the rear of the car, I'd rather go that route than hack up the exhaust. The diffuser would be the same cost range as the Burns muffler, plus I'd get the added aero benefits and a nice look.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Quick note to that. I have the SSTT muffler, so the diffuser would have to sit in it's absolute lowest position.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good question, do not currently have the Velox item on our car (had it off for playing with numerous muffler mods) so best I can say is that I imagine it would help hide the resonator from some angles... but how much I cannot recall at this moment.

Go to the Velox description on our site and see the low angle pics, including the pic below, and you can still see the resonator pretty clearly...but shooting up from the ground. Looking at these shots I expect that from eye level with the muffler tip the resonator is mostly hidden.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Photo from SEMA 2016 when we visited ACT's booth and the new ND clutch was on display. This clutch and a complimentary flywheel are still not quite in production but we now have pre-production units here from ACT to begin testing with!
SEMA2016 ACT Booth.jpg
Attachments
ACTClutchFlywheelND.jpg