new but need help identifying a part

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Ians

new but need help identifying a part

Post by Ians »

Hello all.
I recently knocked the rear end of my club sport into a curb and I have a picture of the only part that appeared to be damaged. In the pic I marked the part with blue tape you can even see the bow in the pic (seems it's upside down after the up load). If anyone could help me with a part number or anything else to look at or different repair options it would be greatly appreciated.
Newbi Ian,
Attachments
20160508_152840.jpg
morrisg

Re: new but need help identifying a part

Post by morrisg »

If you smacked the curb hard enough to bend one of the rear multi-links then you should also check the runout of that wheel to make sure it's still straight. Cheapest repair is to source used parts from a wrecking yard to replace the bent ones. It shouldn't be too expensive to buy them from Mazda, especially if you register as a racer with Mazda Motorsport. They also have an online catalog with pics to help you identify the parts you need.

http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/ ... ogId=10001
Ians

Post by Ians »

I forgot to mention i already replaced the rim. But thank you ill look into the parts catalog and see if i can find what i need.
Ians

Post by Ians »

I brought it into mazda and they said the adjustment bolts arent all that tight from the factory so an alignment later and it drives as tight as ever.