beardedstealth wrote:Good day fellow enthusiast. I own a ND Miata Club-spec with NO BBS and NO Brembro and I would like your opinions.
I have already installed the Progress sway bars front and rear based on Brian's recommendation and absolutely love the handling improvements. I also installed the RoadsterSport RACE exhaust, which I wish was actually a little louder. After finishing both those jobs I am now chomping at the bit to do another round of upgrades, but I can't decide where to start, which is where you come in.
First a touch of background... I only drive on the street, but I still have a desire to make the car as light and fast as is reasonable without truly sacrificing its ability to daily drive. For whatever reason, the idea of losing weight on the car is very sexy to me, especially unsprung weight. Obviously I would love more power as well. And finally, handling is probably the most important out of everything. And just an example of how far I am willing to go on a "streetable" car is that I would have no problem with stiffer suspension giving me a harsher ride, but I wouldn't be okay if the car couldn't get over the speed bumps in my area.
Now, here is what I want to do to the car. Again, opinions on what to do first are greatly appreciated as well as feedback on whether an item is really worth the time or money and then finally there are some items in which I am stuck between a couple options and any input would help.
1) 17x9 wheels. Love the weight of the 6UL and love the price of the Konig.
I did 17x8 6UL for street didn't want to roll fenders.
2) Coilovers. Obviously the Ohlins look amazing, but not sure if that is overkill for the street?
3) Blackbird Fabworx ND RZ Roll Bar. Again, not sure if too much for street?
I did the hard dog roll bar at about half the price
4) 4 Piston caliper upgrade. I read that Brian enjoys the pedal feel better on the 6 piston, but the reduced weight on the 4 piston is attractive.
5) GWR Superlight 2-piece rotors front and rear.
These are great and you will tell the difference especially front
6) Header/Exhaust: this is where I am having the biggest dilemma. The new long header sounds amazing and would allow me to use my existing RACE exhaust, but I am a little nervous about the low hanging resonator effecting daily driving. If I didn't go that route, then I was thinking I would buy the short header, standard midpipe and replace my RACE with the new SuperQ.
From seeing the pictures I don't think you need to worry about daily driving as the reasonator is between the rear wheels
7) Engine tune. First, what is the difference between EcuTek package for $719 and the old package that is $659? Is this something that is reasonable for an at home mechanic and has it impacted anyone's ability to get warrant work done?
EcuTek is newer and a little more robust, old package uses Mazda Edit
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests