PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Ryan @ GWR

Re: PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Our quad-tip rear section on Abarth 124 courtesy of Alfa Romeo and Fiat of Victoria
Fiat124_Abarth_Quads (3).JPG
Fiat124_Abarth_Quads (2).JPG
Fiat124_Abarth_Quads.JPG
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Video of 124 Abarth with RoadsterSport quad-tip muffler delet, same car as above. Looks like they like it!

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Combo shot of our Dual and Quad for easy comparison.
Attachments
CompositePicFiatExhausts.jpg
CompositePicFiatExhausts.jpg (63.44 KiB) Viewed 14922 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another shot with our new higher rate 300 front, 200 rear springs on KONI Sport shocks.

Really falling in love with this combo, the ride is amazing. I assumed the ride would be stiffer than our Progress springs which are less than half the spring rate but it did not work out that way. What actually happens is that higher rate springs mean you do not get into the bumpstops near as often and the ride feels actually more subtle than the lighter rate Progress Springs, yet car is even more flat in the turns. The only downside to this choice is that while the Progress Springs are made to work with stock shocks, these really need KONI SPORT shocks for adequate damping.
Attachments
FiAT124-GW-Springs.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The FACTORY midpipe is all crunch bends, bad for flow, crunched down well under 2 inches in several places, which delays turbo spool and limits power.
CrunchedFiatMidpipe.jpg

The fix is our 2.5 inch RoadsterSport Midpipes...Which Start Shipping THIS WEEK!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Brian wrote:Another shot with our new higher rate 300 front, 200 rear springs on KONI Sport shocks.

Really falling in love with this combo, the ride is amazing. I assumed the ride would be stiffer than our Progress springs which are less than half the spring rate but it did not work out that way. What actually happens is that higher rate springs mean you do not get into the bumpstops near as often and the ride feels actually more subtle than the lighter rate Progress Springs, yet car is even more flat in the turns. The only downside to this choice is that while the Progress Springs are made to work with stock shocks, these really need KONI SPORT shocks for adequate damping.
Not exactly 124-related, but didn't know where else to put it.

I know that you had an unsucessful attempt to get Swift to do some NC springs a couple of years ago, but any chance you could convince Progress to do higher rate springs for the NC like these? Seems like the same 300/250 specs you were looking at on the Swift ones would be awesome on the NC for folks who want a bit more than regular Progress, but don't necessarily want to jump to coilovers. Not sure if the NC1/NC2 front geometry difference would mean two different designs, which might complicate things, though.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I really like the 300/200 setup we have now finished for ND/Fiat124.

I like it so much we will look at going back and doing similar to NC. Only issue there is that we just sold our "Project Blue" NC and that leaves just our supercharged 2007 for the project fitment testing. So, I cannot promise the NC setup will happen.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Brian wrote:I really like the 300/200 setup we have now finished for ND/Fiat124.

I like it so much we will look at going back and doing similar to NC. Only issue there is that we just sold our "Project Blue" NC and that leaves just our supercharged 2007 for the project fitment testing. So, I cannot promise the NC setup will happen.
I might be willing to trade my 30,000 mile 2012 NC straight up for your brand new 124 if you need another NC to test fit parts on. :lol:

Just kidding. Hopefully there's a local NC owner that can help you out, because I'm all the way on the other side of the country, otherwise I'd jump at the chance to be a beta tester. Keeping my fingers crossed that you come up with something.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great day for our Project Fiat 124...TOP TIME OF DAY AT LAST AUTOCROSS EVENT OF THE SEASON!

Thanks to Buddy Patrick Sanford for great pics!

Used this last event to test some sway bar settings. Currently on our car is just a mild setup, full list below, and it was enough to lay down the fastest time today with about 200 competitors. Thanks to our buddy Patrick Sanford for great pics!

RoadsterSport Springs
Koni Sport Shocks
Our Short BumpStops for Koni
Our Sway Bars
17x9 6UL wheels
Complete RoadsterSport Exhaust System (2.5 inch Crosspipe, 2.5 inch Midpipe, Quad Outlet Muffler Delete).

Attachments
FiatAutocross3.jpg
FiatAutocross4.jpg
FiatAutocross2.jpg
FiatAutocross1.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
sleepingdogs

Post by sleepingdogs »

Do you still have the EuroCompulsion ECU piggyback on board?