PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Post by Brian »

TUNGSTEN 17x8 back on the Fiat because they work so well with the bright Quad Exhaust Tips and Bright Roll Bar!

Lower Pixel count version on top, higher def is bottom shot.
Attachments
Tungsten-FiatHDRs.jpg
Fiat-Tungsten_HDR.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Spring Rates Comparison ND/Fiat Chassis

ND Spring rates Front lbs/inch Rear lbs/inch
OEM MX5 Non-Club Sport 156 80
OEM MX5 CLUB 156 100 (reportedly)
OEM Fiat Classica 160 85
OEM Fiat Abarth 160 105

Progress Springs 185 115
Progress Springs RF 185 135
GWR RoadsterSport 300 200

COPYRIGHT Good-Win Racing 2017. All of these measured except those rear Club ND which are reported to us as 100....but we have not had a set to check.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Fiat Coupe Coming?

Make it a fastback....give it the 1.8 T...and I will sleep at the dealership's door!

Sadly, I do not expect a fastback because cost to engineer that is so MUCH HIGHER.

Thus, instead of THIS:
FiatCoupe2.jpg
FiatCoupe2.jpg (79.19 KiB) Viewed 8817 times
What I expect is fixed roof version that keeps the trunk unchanged, something like what you see on the rally car:
Attachments
Rally.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Picture, Fiat stock cat.
Attachments
Fiat-STOCK-Cat.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jpwfz6

Post by jpwfz6 »

hmmmm, Care to let us know what you are up to Brian?
Hi-efficiency, Hi-flow cat to complement the rest of your exhaust setup?
Jason
Victoria, BC Canada
:( Sold: 2006 Winning Blue, 2.5L, Progress springs, KYB shocks, Michelin PSS, Full GWR street exhaust.
:D Current: 2017 Fiat 124 Abarth, Rosso red, M/T, Progress springs, Wilwood BBK, Full GWR exhaust
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Winner, Winner!

Yes, big highflow cat in testing.

It's going to be a while before there is more on it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Time to add our custom plates...

The vintage black plates felt like the right choice....and I love it.
Attachments
FiatPlates.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
VinceG310

Post by VinceG310 »

If the Eurocompulsion piggy back has been removed, what are you running now for a tune?
Socalsean

Post by Socalsean »

VinceG310 wrote:If the Eurocompulsion piggy back has been removed, what are you running now for a tune?
I'm new to the 124 Community but not to Fiat. I just bought a 124 Abarth and have a fully Modded 500 Abarth that I will be selling and/or Parting out and selling. I will be moving a few of my Mods from the 500 over to the 124 in a few weeks. Most importantly, I will be loading my EC Euro+Drive OBD flash tune. At this point I can run Phase 1 on the sport mode and will run the stock sport mode MAP on non sport, Phase 2 will be coming soon. I have goodies on the way from the guys here at Goodwin and a few others I've been working with the last 3 years in the Fiat Community. I was really glad to find you guys since I'm just a few hours up the coast. Once I get the suspension, exhaust, 4C Coil Packs, Forge Atmospheric BOV, Turbosmart WG, and E+D installed I'll make a trip down to let you guys at Goodwin check her out.

One note: this is an Automatic (sorry boys) I brought this one for both my wife and I to drive and she hates driving a manual. I must say I really like the Trans and it will get better once the tune is installed. I really didn't want to buy another fun car to drive just for myself... Stay tuned though I've been known to buy two when I really like the car lol.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Socalsean wrote:
VinceG310 wrote:If the Eurocompulsion piggy back has been removed, what are you running now for a tune?
I'm new to the 124 Community but not to Fiat. I just bought a 124 Abarth and have a fully Modded 500 Abarth that I will be selling and/or Parting out and selling. I will be moving a few of my Mods from the 500 over to the 124 in a few weeks. Most importantly, I will be loading my EC Euro+Drive OBD flash tune. At this point I can run Phase 1 on the sport mode and will run the stock sport mode MAP on non sport, Phase 2 will be coming soon. I have goodies on the way from the guys here at Goodwin and a few others I've been working with the last 3 years in the Fiat Community. I was really glad to find you guys since I'm just a few hours up the coast. Once I get the suspension, exhaust, 4C Coil Packs, Forge Atmospheric BOV, Turbosmart WG, and E+D installed I'll make a trip down to let you guys at Goodwin check her out.

One note: this is an Automatic (sorry boys) I brought this one for both my wife and I to drive and she hates driving a manual. I must say I really like the Trans and it will get better once the tune is installed. I really didn't want to buy another fun car to drive just for myself... Stay tuned though I've been known to buy two when I really like the car lol.
Welcome and thanks for the post, let us know how the mods go with the Fiat 124. If there are any questions we can help with, let us know.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com