NC RS Street Header - ok for track or no?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.

NC RS Street Header - ok for track or no?

Postby VernonA420 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:24 pm

I was reading about the RoadsterSport Street Header for the NC and I noticed that the description for the ceramic coated one here http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... 1155C.html says "Converter has two year warranty (normally aspirated street cars only, NOT recommended for supercharged or track driven cars), ..." whereas the one without ceramic coating here http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1155.html says "Converter has two year manufacturing defect warranty (normally aspirated cars only, NOT recommended for supercharged cars), ..."

It's the same catalytic converter, but only the coated one says it's not recommended for track driven cars.

Is there a concern for a track driven car, and if so, what is it?

Thanks!
VernonA420

Re: NC RS Street Header - ok for track or no?

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Same for both, not recommended for track cars to have converter inches from exhaust valves...too much heat in that application and that burns out the cats fast.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby VernonA420 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Thank you. I'll go with a catless header when I eventually upgrade.
VernonA420

Postby hsy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:24 am

Brian wrote:Same for both, not recommended for track cars to have converter inches from exhaust valves...too much heat in that application and that burns out the cats fast.

Would you not recommend it even if I only do 1 hpde every other month on an n/a setup?
hsy

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:36 am

hsy wrote:
Brian wrote:Same for both, not recommended for track cars to have converter inches from exhaust valves...too much heat in that application and that burns out the cats fast.

Would you not recommend it even if I only do 1 hpde every other month on an n/a setup?

Would you beat yourself over the head with a hammer....even if only once every other month?

Still dumb thing to do right?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Return to Mazda Miata and Fiat 124