Strut tower brace/cowl bracket

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DanielD692

Strut tower brace/cowl bracket

Post by DanielD692 »

I just purchased the strut tower brace and the cowl bracket. I have the '16 ND GT so the bracket is required.

My question is, there wasn't any hardware included with the cowl bracket. There is hardware with the tower brace but I assume that is for connecting it to the bracket.

Is there existing hardware on the car to attach the bracket to the cowl/firewall, or do I need to purchase hardware?

Thanks
Dan
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Strut tower brace/cowl bracket

Post by Brian »

Yes, lift your hood and notice black panel up high at firewall center....you are taking that out and replacing it with bracket that is otherwise same but for the connections for shock tower brace.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielD692

Post by DanielD692 »

Perfect! Thanks for the prompt reply!

Cant wait to get going on the springs, exhaust (Q TT) and brace. Spring cant arrive soon enough!!
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

Anyone notice the inboard studs on the driver side shock mount line up with the brake master cylinder? Seems a MC brace would be a simple addition.
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...