JBR 2016+ MX-5 Rear Differential Mount

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
beardedstealth

JBR 2016+ MX-5 Rear Differential Mount

Post by beardedstealth »

Installed the JBR 2016+ MX-5 Rear Differential Mount on my 2016 Club and it made a huge difference. Honestly surprised by how much it impacted handling. Makes the rear end feel very solid and acceleration/pedal feel seems more precise. The precision in the pedal and the way it seems to be more directly connected to the rear tires helps drifting immensely.

The only downside, which I guess is a given, was noise. BIG increase in noise. You hear and feel everything the driveshaft is doing. I've always heard a thud when getting into gear, but now it is a more metallic CHUNK sound. Also, as you approach redline it is MUCH louder and lots more vibration.

Overall I'm pretty happy, but it might be a little much for my daily driver. Guess time will tell.

Love to hear anyone else's thoughts on their experience with this mount.

Cheers
Brian
Site Admin

Re: JBR 2016+ MX-5 Rear Differential Mount

Post by Brian »

I notice it at idle but for me the extra NVH seems to vanish above about 2500 rpms (though perhaps at that point it is my louder exhaust and stiff suspension that simply masks it).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com