SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Dubcity

Re: SEMA SHOW....NC COSWORTH SUPERCHARGER COMPLETE!

Post by Dubcity »

What's the diameter of the rest of the exhaust?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Dubcity wrote:What's the diameter of the rest of the exhaust?
Our RoadsterSport exhaust choices are all 2.5 inch all the way...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Sean @ GWR

Post by Sean @ GWR »

New year and time to give our Supercharged NC a breath of fresh air. Prototype billet throttle body which should flow a bit more air than the factory piece. Any guesses on how much horsepower we will make?
32194738406_2851dad72a_k.jpg
While we were there we also decided to fit one of our very popular aluminum expansion tanks!
31394860814_f63dc4c12b_k.jpg
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Throttle body looks awesome!

Not sure you're going to see the full benefit with it yet, though, because at 300+ hp, you're probably more exhaust flow limited than intake flow limited at the moment. Might be time to try out a 3" midpipe and muffler on that bad boy to see what completely un-corking it does for power, especially with that monster header you already have. :wink:

2.5" piping is only zero-restriction up to about 230 hp. After that, it's adding a little bit of backpressure. The power you're making is begging for a full 3" exhaust.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I hear you on the 3 inch Chuck, but after we filled demand from the other 10 guys in the USA who really need 3 inch today, not sure what we do with the other 90 three inch systems. Thus, will see what we get here on the throttle body for now.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

I know exactly what you mean. There's so much stuff that would be cool to develop, but that realistically has a total market of maybe 20 units world-wide that you would never recover development costs on. It's probably right up there with ITBs that everyone wants for their NC until it's time to put up the money, and then suddenly all you hear is crickets chiping. :lol:
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Have you considered looking into crowd sourced funding?

Like a Kickstarter campaign?
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Because I would totally kick in for the right projects
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Chuck H wrote:I know exactly what you mean. There's so much stuff that would be cool to develop, but that realistically has a total market of maybe 20 units world-wide that you would never recover development costs on. It's probably right up there with ITBs that everyone wants for their NC until it's time to put up the money, and then suddenly all you hear is crickets chiping. :lol:
Yep, we have a long record of being TOO MANY years ahead of the demand curve here and stuff just sits on shelf until custom demand catches up. That ITB example of yours is fine example, I still have two sets of Jenvey ITBs for NA/NB around here somewhere, and we ran a Cosworth Roller Throttle Body on NC back in 2010 thinking it would be common within a year or two. Pics from Project NC Light....so ahead of it's time in 2010, still has a Miata track record at Chuckwalla Raceway.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

JamesK383 wrote:Because I would totally kick in for the right projects
Thanks, we are just not organized for that approach currently....but I could see a project for small volume item that might need that approach at some point.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com