Re: Our Next TECH DAY--SUNDAY JUNE 28th

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our Next TECH DAY!

Post by Brian »

Tech Day starts at 8:00 goes until 3 or 3:30.

Anybody wanting lift time needs to contact Rocky BEFORE THE EVENT!!

Send me an email and I will pass it to Rocky....or call Rocky direct at Phone: (858) 273-2547
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian,
Very nice looking shop you have there!

Thanks so much,
AZ
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

I'll be coming out tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you all. I'll be going to Cbad Cars and Coffee Carlsbad first starting at 7, then I'll head down. So I'll be there a little later, like 9:30 or 10.

If anybody is coming from the North, or will be passing by North County, let me know. It'd be great to meet up at Cbad for coffee and then head down. -Danny
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

eluviis wrote:I'll be coming out tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you all. I'll be going to Cbad Cars and Coffee Carlsbad first starting at 7, then I'll head down. So I'll be there a little later, like 9:30 or 10.

If anybody is coming from the North, or will be passing by North County, let me know. It'd be great to meet up at Cbad for coffee and then head down. -Danny
Don't forget SCCA at the Q Sunday, Danny. Bring that beautiful RED car of yours out for a spin on the autocross course with us.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our Next TECH DAY--THIS SATURDAY!

Post by Brian »

NEXT TECH DAY.....THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 23rd!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

Oh neat. I had plans to detail my truck on Saturday... But...

Long story short. Last month I bought a '95 NA. So now I have the NC and NA. There are some things I want to do the the NA... they mainly start with stiffening it up as it feels a bit like a noodle compared to the NC.

The car is in excellent condition, wait 'til you see it. But at some point it it's life, the original owner high-sided it and bent the driver's side frame rail. So the first thing I want to do to the car is add something like this:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... 00604.html

Do you have those in stock Brian? Do you think I can get lift time to install those? I thought about pulling the bit that's bent before installing these, but I might not need to. I think these can just be bolted in regardless, even if that one bent part would not allow a bolt.

If you have other chassis stiffening components you recommend as a whole, please let me know. We can also discuss more of it there.

Essentially, before power mods and all that, I want to get rid of every flex, squeak and rattle throughout the entire car. I do have on power mod that will also equate to a rattle-mod. The stock header's heat shield - the part that's on the bottom right before the cat, rattles like crazy. I could take off the heat shield and add an aftermarket, non-rattling one, but I could also consider a new header altogether.

I'll eventually need other chassis reinforcement components, including a roll bar. Another thing I want to do is replace all the bushings, but we can do that at a later time.

-Danny
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Danny

BossFrog ships those Frame Rail kits direct to our customers, we don't keep them here. Ric at BossFrog says it could be here by Friday for $54 ship cost. Rocky is the man to talk to about lift time, if interested in getting those going, email me and I will pass that to him to get you started on setting reserved lift time.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

Hi Brian, nah, I don't want to pay $54 for shipping. Those are what seem like an easy install and I can do it in my garage, later on, no problem.

I'll wait on that for a bit because I'm considering a Boss Frog bar, and if I do go with that one I'll order both at once, slow shipping.

I'll shop around for a bit on your site and see what else I might like. Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Please join us for our tech day this Saturday June 15th from 8-3ish.

Come talk shop, check out new products, work on your car and have some lunch with us.

Our Shop address is 2951 Garnet Ave San Diego, CA 92109.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great day! Thanks to all who shared the fun day.
Attachments
techday5.JPG
techday5.JPG (141.45 KiB) Viewed 16044 times
techday4.JPG
techday4.JPG (173.4 KiB) Viewed 16044 times
techday3.JPG
techday3.JPG (134.86 KiB) Viewed 16044 times
techday2.JPG
techday2.JPG (159.23 KiB) Viewed 16044 times
techday1.JPG
techday1.JPG (148.93 KiB) Viewed 16044 times
Brian Goodwin