Re: Our Next TECH DAY--SUNDAY JUNE 28th

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

NEXT TECH DAY SUNDAY JUNE 28th....with a SPECIAL SURPRISE....a 2016 ND Generation Miata!

Prior Tech Day pics and thread below.
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our Next TECH DAY--THIS SATURDAY!

Post by Brian »

I like the idea, but we are having trouble finding a date that works this December.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

No worries. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Just considering a simple exhaust upgrade on my '95. That's something I can easily do on jack stands at home, but figured it would be fun to do at a tech day.

My stock setup rattles and I'm fed up. Lol. When I tap at the system I get rattles from both the header's bottom heat shield (the bit that's right before the cat) and from the cat itself. Not sure which, if not both, is causing the rattle under acceleration.

My car passed smog last November, but the exhaust does stink more than I think it should.
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
NaregM677

Post by NaregM677 »

Totally worth waking up early for. See ya tomorrow folks!
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Jump in your Mazda and drive on over to our shop TOMORROW, Saturday Jan 10th for our Tech Day!

At our San Diego Shop from 8am to 2pm
2951 Garnet Ave
San Diego, CA 92109

Brian will be BBQ'ing burgers and we will have some clear out items on sale!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Next Tech Day, SUNDAY JUNE 28th!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We are GO for ND on Lift here Sunday!

Also got permission to put it on our corner balancing scales, club members and racers have been asking to see the numbers with and without driver. We will likely put our own Sean or Ryan in the car for the scales since they are both close the more ideal 160 pounds.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

BIG thanks to Dean Case and Mazda and all our local Miata enthusiasts for all the fun we had today with the ND! Special thanks to Mark Booth for getting lots of pics of the event and helping so many with their questions...Mazda should put Mark on the payroll as he was a first rate spokesperson. It was a fun day and we had a ton of fun, many enthusiasts got to try the top, the seats, and switches, you name it. Mark has a ton of better pics coming than what I got on my phone. Thanks to all who made it a great day!

The group picture courtesy of Mark Booth
Attachments
ND-lift.jpg
ND-lot.jpg
NC-GROUP-PIC.JPG
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

OH YEAH...almost forgot to mention day ended with me getting my FIRST RIDE IN ND! It was a brief ride, just up and round our cloverleaf twin 270 degree turns. My first impression is that ND FEELS GREAT. Feels like a NB in size but with a built normally aspirated motor making lots more torque and with a chassis that is double the stiffness. Didn't get a chance to go fast but even the brief ride was enough to further convince me the ND is a winner!

Picture Courtesy of Mark Booth
Attachments
FirstND-ride.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
YuriR150

Post by YuriR150 »

Hey Brian and all,
So i have a few projects that I would love to get some help with on a tech day May 5th and a few would greatly benefit from having a lift available. Car is a 2001 with mostly stock original parts (which needs to change) :

- new clutch, pressure plate and bearings
- Tein coilovers install and adjustment
- Possibly new engine mounts (i think mine may be worn out)
- roll-bar install

The one I would really like to get some help with is the first - clutch install, the rest I can probably do on my own by watching a few videos on youtube and reading how-tos. Is it too much to ask for help with new clutch install? Would it be appropriate for this event?

Props to Rocky for participating and allowing to use lifts, having Good-Win store and Rocky's Miatamotive next door to each other is just so nice.