Winter/Summer Tires

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
BernhardJ920

Winter/Summer Tires

Post by BernhardJ920 »

[img][img][img][img][img][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img][img][img][/img][/img]Hello to all, new member transitioned from VW's to my first Miata. Purchased the last Kosei K4R 16X7.5 wheels on sale at TireRack for 129.00 each good price I thought for under 14 pounder. I have been fiddling with sizes for summer and found I can get away with 225/50/16 BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 clears everything in stock 2016 ND. Tire is just a bit taller than stock 205/45/17 but is also wider for more footprint and 2.7% faster for those who care.
Quite a bit more sidewall height for extra comfort. Will follow with my ride experience once summer hits in MA car is up on jack stands in garage for winter. See specs of two wheel comparison attached if interested.

BernhardJ920 2016 Miata Sport, Ceramic, Brembo PKG, GWR Midpipe and super quiet exhaust. BBS and Kosei.
Future plans lower car a bit for Kosei setup if fenders allow , I rally don't want to mess with camber to much I'm
mainly a weekender and excel tire wear enough from my driving style.