Roadstersport Race exhaust rattle

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
AlaaeldinismailH088

Roadstersport Race exhaust rattle

Post by AlaaeldinismailH088 »

Hello

I did notice that vibrations that come from the midpipe leads to an annoying rattle :( in the rodstersport race exhaust that i can loudly hear from inside the cabin. It goes away once i am on gas. The exhaust was torqued properly and as the instructions said. The old exhaust rubber hanger bushing was used though. Is that the reason behind the rattle? Any Ideas?

Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Roadstersport Race exhaust rattle

Post by Brian »

Got the optional baffle installed? If so, pull that and see if your issue goes away.

Also check the heatshield under the trunk, grab it with gloved hand (edges are sharp) and see if you get any movement there, those can rattle and sometimes changing the bend in them can make the difference.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AlaaeldinismailH088

Post by AlaaeldinismailH088 »

No. The baffle is not installed. It maybe the heat shield under the trunk the reason behind the rattle. I'll check it.

Thank you very much Brian.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That heat shield is common source of rattle, riveted to the trunk underside but often has a enough play to act like a drum. Putting some more bend can often help. Some folks will put a bit of dynomat on it, some remove the heat shield, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SimplyClean

Post by SimplyClean »

This happened with mine, check to make sure that your x-brace isn't vibrating on the new flange that the stock mid-pipe doesn't have.
2007 GT PRHT 6MT
Tein S-tech springs, oem bilstein shocks, roadstersport race single, Racing beat race mid-pipe w/o pre-silencer, nrg short hub and quick release, dg motorsports lip, Exedy stage 1 racing clutch, Fidanza flywheel, aem cold air intake
Miata boy

Post by Miata boy »

I had the same problem. Could not find the source of the noise. Took the muffler off and found that two off the metal straps on the muffler had cracked. I think it was caused by my Bilstein coilovers being set at a stiff setting. A five minute weld job to fix. I add a extra muffler hanger and that solved the problem.
Attachments
image.jpg