Factory ND RF Alignment Specification

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
SteveB664

Factory ND RF Alignment Specification

Post by SteveB664 »

Curious if anyone knows the factory alignment specification on the ND RF?

I had progress sways and springs (RF) installed with 6UL 17x8 on 235/40 Toyo Proxes just yesterday.
I retained the stock shocks with trimmed bumpstops.

Seems the alignment shop didn't have the stock spec in there system because the car is so new, so I am taking it back next week. This will give some time for the suspension to settle anyway.

I'm going to go with the alignment specs Brian recommends with the suspension changes done.

Thanks,
Steve
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Factory ND RF Alignment Specification

Post by Brian »

Drive it easy at least 100 miles first so things settle down a bit....then from product description on our site:

Front Camber -1.2
Toe IN 1/32nd per side (some shops call this 1/16th 'total' toe in).
Caster 6

Rear Camber -1.2
Toe IN 1/32nd per side
Racers will take much more camber and zero toe all corners (and usually full coilovers instead of just these very mild street springs). Autocross customers will toe OUT the front, track users usually toe ZERO front and rear.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SteveB664

Post by SteveB664 »

Thank you Brian, will do. I'll post how everything feels after the alignment next week.
I put a 100 miles on today on the RF today and I definitely notice a difference, much less body roll and firmer ride.

I have the progress sways set on the initial recommendations. Another question, if I elect to change the front and rear to the softest settings would you consider this setup, neutral, more over-steer or more under-steer with all the bits I have installed? Not sure if this is a good question, on a learning curve :).

Thanks again,
Steve
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

My words from the product description on those sways is still the way to go:

SETTNGS: I strongly caution and suggest a more forgiving starting position such as middle or tightest position front (tightest is closest to center of bar) and the less tight rear setting (hole nearest bar ends) until you have some experience with the setup under controlled circumstances (such as an autocross event or big parking lot).

So, if you want it relatively soft start middle position of front bar and soft rear (holes near end). If you go softest front and softest rear you are taking out a little of the 'safe' driveable understeer and making it more neutral. Neutral sounds great until the driver not familiar with the new setup enters a corner too hot and lifts off throttle and is not familiar with how to catch the tail. On the other hand, if leaving the factory driving controls ON, they will 'likely' save the novice drivers in this situation.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SteveB664

Post by SteveB664 »

Thank you Brian. I have softest in the rear and middle in the front.
The car is in for the alignment now to your recommended settings. They are going to loosen and re-torque due to the RF spring install on the rack before the alignment. Put almost 500 miles on for things to settle.
After the alignment is complete I'll put up a couple of pictures and some comments on the overall feel of the car.
The Toyo's and 6UL wheels look great on the car with just over a 1" drop.
SteveB664

Post by SteveB664 »

Put on some more miles today since the alignment was completed yesterday, everything has settled and feels great. The overall handling is perfect, roll is gone, and the drop looks great with the stock GT shocks and 6UL wheels.

Brian, curious if there would be more benefit to adding a strut tower brace in the front? The GT RF doesn't come with one from the factory, so I'm looking at adding the roadster or cobalt version. What do you recommend?
My RF GT 6UL Tungsten, progress springs/sways
My RF GT 6UL Tungsten, progress springs/sways
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Car looks great!

What you have done makes the car more competent in the twisty bits, faster responses, etc.

Shock tower brace is different, does not make the car faster...but does help front end response and reduction of cowl shake over rough bits of road.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SteveB664

Post by SteveB664 »

Installed the factory replacement cowl brace in order to install the roadster strut bar. My RF didn't come with a STB from the factory. Took me about three hours. Came out great and made a significant difference in cowl shake and overall feel on some bumpy roads here in IL. I like the fact bar is one piece, light but solid.
Roadster Strut Bar
Roadster Strut Bar
Last edited by SteveB664 on Wed May 31, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveB664

Post by SteveB664 »

Alignment Results
Alignment Results
LAMike

Post by LAMike »

What are your alignment recommendations for a stock 2016 ND Club?
Please include caster as well.
Thank you,
Michael