NC Rollbar Installation

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

skeeler wrote:Brian,

I like the looks of this double-hoop bar, and I'm glad to see it's available in black. (Where does the customer select the color?)

This bar looks sturdy, and the built-in harness bars are nice, too. Can you tell me if this bar is approved by SCCA or NASA for HPDEs?

Michael
No plans to seek SCCA or NASA approval on the double hoop...despite fact it is even a stronger bar.... Website has bar in black or silver...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
StKnoWhere

Post by StKnoWhere »

07Miata -- I can't drill a round hole but managed to install the bar in about an hour and had the trim in place hour after that - go figure...

I used to remove the interior to allow inspection at the track but now leave it out all the time. The extra storage behind the seats comes in handy :lol:
papdoc

Post by papdoc »

My double hoop roll bar arrived on Monday and I installed it yesterday. There are some notes on the installation instructions:
1. For the cars with the Bose Sound System: the new roll bar had the necessary holes predrilled for the installation of the speakers. These holes were missing in the previous versions of the rollbar, but obviously Brian took care of it:
Stock Roll Bar:
Double Hoop Roll Bar:

2. For the cars with the keyless entry system: There are two sensors which are located between the space where the inner legs of the rollbar will install. The sensor bracket will require a small modification on the drivers side before reinstallation:
Image Image

The install was flawless, there was a lot of plastic trimming involved -especially in the area of the harness bars- but the final result was perfect:
Image Image
07miata

Post by 07miata »

StKnoWhere wrote:07Miata -- I can't drill a round hole but managed to install the bar in about an hour and had the trim in place hour after that - go figure...
Thanks StKnoWhere. My new single-hoop is installed and looks great! :) FYI, I ended up using class 8 M8x1.25x12mm bolts for the two holes that can't use the original bolts (since the bar is thicker and the original bolts bump into them, as stated in the instructions). I probably could've used 15mm but all the store had were 12mm or 20mm.

The installation wasn't nearly as difficult as I imagined (although the rear main panel behind the bar is now my mortal foe).
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great updates guys! Thanks for taking the time to expand the info here...it really helps future readers of the thread.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
07miata

Post by 07miata »

Does the passenger side-skirt need to be removed for the backing-plate for the petty bar? Any pictures for the backing plate underneath the car? Thanks in advance.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

07miata wrote:Does the passenger side-skirt need to be removed for the backing-plate for the petty bar? Any pictures for the backing plate underneath the car? Thanks in advance.
No need to remove side skirts...which don't extend under very far. Sorry, don't have a pic of the underside.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
StKnoWhere

SFI Padding for the Goodwin bar

Post by StKnoWhere »

Hard Dog offers a preformed SFI spec 45.1 high density roll bar pad (S PAD ) that works nicely on the Goodwin bar. The padding is essentially a "U" with radius molded in and fits directly on the front surface of the bar.

It's a little wide for the NC so you have to remove a 2 3/4" section from the center. The material is configured to cover the front surface so it doesn't interfere with vision or the soft/hardtop.

Also covered the diagonal and beam with a 36" stick. Trimmed the edges of the diagonal about 1/2" to match the preformed pad.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_s ... directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xt ... directlink
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Nice shots courtesy of Customer Geoff Fahring

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The history of the Double Hoop with REAR SUPPORTS is at this link:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... c&start=15

Brace our double hoop upgraded bar to the rear using the factory hardtop mounts. The beauty of this idea is that the hardtop mounts are already designed to bolt in and out. So, we pick up that point, and make these rear braces an item you add onto our Double Hoop NC Rollbar just for track days. Here is the roughed prototype shot below. Under those factory hardtop mounts it is already boxed and reinforced by the factory but we then do even better with a bracing between the rear shock towers and replacing the thin vertical factory reinforcements with more beef as illustrated in the rough prototype in the second picture below. This brace in the trunk would be a separate item that adds quite a bit of rigidity to the rear section and should improve rear suspension response:

The brace is now in the store here:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0426.html

PS...that's anti-seize on the first picture, not rust.

Rear Brace Version Complete. Got them ready to go in silver or black. Only have pictures of the finished silver installed in my car.

In store at these links:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0392.html

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0393.html

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com