Is 200hp possible with bolt-ons an NC Auto?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Dubcity

Is 200hp possible with bolt-ons an NC Auto?

Post by Dubcity »

Hey guys i'm new here and looking to mod my 06 NC Miata 6A/T with paddles.Is 200hp or anything close that possible without going forced induction?Also,what Hp can the auto transmission handle reliably?Thanks in advance guys.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Is 200hp possible with bolt-ons an NC Auto?

Post by Brian »

The auto has a 'softer' program from the factory. At the wheels we are lucky to see the auto make 120+. If we do everything including header, midpipe, exhaust, intake and REFLASH of the ECU then we can get you up into the 160+ at the wheels range....which is roughly 190 crank hp. Beyond that you need boost!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Hey pal,thanks for the prompt reply.I noticed from reading the other posts that your're the guy.If you don't know no one else will,lol!Still don't think that 160whp will give me the performance and feeling i'm looking for.Do you think that hp be compared to the feeling of a stock DC2R integra?About the tranny,do you think it can stand up to 220whp with forced induction?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We have some customers making 300 hp with our turbo setup on the auto trans and no reported issues so far...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Will try to stay away from F.I. for now,if i could.So since my car is auto which header,exhaust,etc. do you suggest for best fitment and performance.
twowheeled

Post by twowheeled »

I'm selling a racing beat header in the classifieds section. It will give more power than the PPE header if you can live with losing the cat.
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Cool,checked it out.but won't i get an engine check light?
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

I'm guessing if auto NC's with forced induction stand up to 300hp,then 160whp with bolt ons shouldn't be a problem?but how that 300hp driven matters?i'm doing some autocrossing should i think of upgrading anything in the tranny department,eg.ATF cooler etc. or is the NC fully capable as is?
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Does anyone know or have dyno results for a stock auto NC?