NC1 suspension question

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
1991tsi

NC1 suspension question

Post by 1991tsi »

Hello All, its time to make some upgrades having honed my driving skills with a few years of autox and hpde's. Anyways, I live in Alaska now where the roads aren't always great, need to find a compromise. If I go with progress or eibach pro-kit springs, I know my stock bilsteins will be underdamped but useable. Would the newer bilstein sports be better, or still underdamped? Is adjustable the only way to go?

Ride height isn't a big concern. I like the higher spring rates on the eibachs, but the progress springs seem to be getting more positive attention of late. Can anyone chime in with a comparison? Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC1 suspension question

Post by Brian »

Yes, adjustable only way to go in my opinion, fastest way to make real changes to balance between runs. Thus, Koni and your spring of choice is my suggestion.

Another way to go....is we have a number of Alaska customers using either our Bilstein or KW coilovers (for corrosion resistance) and they jack the cars higher for winter....and lower them for summer.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
1991tsi

Post by 1991tsi »

Thanks, Brian. I think the pro-kit plus konis might be a little too low. Do you favor one spring over another? Also, in another post you seemed to favor the tokico hts over konis, why did you suggest konis here?

Without a track to race on I'm not sure I'd make good use of the coilovers, and I don't drive it in the winter. I notice your shipping prices to AK are very high, can you use a different carrier than what the website calculates?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I always prefer the KONI for autocross and track work, often we like the Tokico for the NC generation Miata because the optional adjustment cables make it much easier to adjust on NC. Thus, if the autocross and track plans figure prominently then I prefer the KONI for NA, NB, or NC generation Miata. If the Eibach choice goes too low for your needs then consider a more mild lowering choice...such as our Racing Beat springs.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com