Great Miatas at Laguna Seca Weekend.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Great Miatas at Laguna Seca Weekend.

Post by Brian »

Amazing weekend! Thanks to all the folks who dropped into our garage to say hello. Big thanks to Rick Weldon and the other organizers for another awesome Laguna Weekend! My wife had her first track day driving experience and she had a blast.
Attachments
Andi at Laguna Seca.JPG
Andi at Laguna Seca.JPG (120.09 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Great Miatas at Laguna Seca Weekend.

Post by Brian »

More shots
Attachments
LAGUNAE.JPG
LAGUNAE.JPG (116.58 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
LAGUNAC.JPG
LAGUNAC.JPG (61.45 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
LagunaB.JPG
LagunaB.JPG (43.36 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
LagunaA.JPG
LagunaA.JPG (98.07 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
mazdaracerchick

Post by mazdaracerchick »

If I had to say one bad thing about the Laguna Seca weekend...it is coming off the adrenaline high! Seriously...talk about a good time.

It was such a thrill to look around the parking lot and see so many Miata's...every shade of the rainbow represented and some with several colors on one car (including our motley looking one!). In the scramble to put together our cars there was no time to get the custom wrap we were thinking about but it made for a "custom" look...

Rick Weldon put on an AMAZING event from start to finish...it was first class! From the goodie bags, event t-shirts, vendor alley to the evening reception a good time was had by all.

Now to the real BIG NEWS...I had my first track experience! At Laguna Seca of all places! Brian's favorite track and I see why. Beautiful setting, lots of variety and that corkscrew...hello! By far the best part of the track...I am looking forward to getting out on other tracks so when I go back to Laguna I can really own it.

The car control I picked up in my first season autocrossing really helped, I felt very comfortable and knew what the car would do. It wanted to go faster of course...I was certainly the limiting factor but as my instructor/ my husband Brian Goodwin says, "get the line and the speed will come". I have all the technical stuff down in autocross and am now working on the speed part...riding along with Brian certainly helps! Man, he is fast. With his coaching at a practice day I can get within 4 seconds of him so I have potential as they say since he is usually top time of the day. But I do dream of the day I beat him! I will probably beat him in carts first since I weigh so much less than him...hmm... hey honey time to go to K1 Speed!

Off to the next adventure...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Glad you liked it Honey, you even made the video!

http://youtu.be/K7miOzDkLzQ
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com