Questions about aftermarket steering wheels for NC

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
rpmchris

Re: Questions about aftermarket steering wheels for NC

Post by rpmchris »

Only the GT came with silver rings around the speakers, IIRC.

BTW - there are no speakers behind those grills. I had installed a really nice (and powerful) Alpine system with component speakers and crossovers, a HUGE (and heavy) amp, and an iPod-controlling head unit. It's all gone now, except for the factory wiring (which must stay according to *SP rules).
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
mauro.luca

Post by mauro.luca »

rpmchris wrote:My codriver last year at Nats said this was the best mod I'd done! It's the perfect shape, and the suede feels so good.

Don't remember where I got it - I just shopped for the best prices on Amazon. The horn button can be made to work with a little effort. And, I thought I'd miss the cruise control, but I don't that much. Getting closer to a race car every day.

Sparco 383 - 015R383P
Steering wheel hub adaptor - 01502095
Spacer - 01595ANR (black - also available in silver, blue, red, and chrome)

:D
Hello, sorry I wanted to ask if the return system of turn signals work?, And I can tell the measure of the length of the hub and the extension, separated.
thanks Mauro
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

rpmchris wrote:My codriver last year at Nats said this was the best mod I'd done! It's the perfect shape, and the suede feels so good.

Don't remember where I got it - I just shopped for the best prices on Amazon. The horn button can be made to work with a little effort. And, I thought I'd miss the cruise control, but I don't that much. Getting closer to a race car every day.

Sparco 383 - 015R383P
Steering wheel hub adaptor - 01502095
Spacer - 01595ANR (black - also available in silver, blue, red, and chrome)

:D
One last thing. Were you able to swap over the clock spring for the turn signals to function normally with this hub adapter?
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

Yes, and the signals work fine.

Also, I got the spacer because the wheel (with only the Sparco hub) was a little farther forward than stock and I was fearful I'd "foul" the turn signal/lights and windshield wiper stalks during autocross runs. With the spacer, no issues. It's a bit more of a reach to signal now, but totally do-able in everyday driving.

On a side note, I now have the Sparco 300 wheel, which is smaller in diameter (but not less thick). The 383 is better for all-around driving, but the 300 minimizes hand/arm motions in autocross.
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

The turn signal wires don't go through the clock spring anyway.
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

rpmchris wrote:Yes, and the signals work fine.

Also, I got the spacer because the wheel (with only the Sparco hub) was a little farther forward than stock and I was fearful I'd "foul" the turn signal/lights and windshield wiper stalks during autocross runs. With the spacer, no issues. It's a bit more of a reach to signal now, but totally do-able in everyday driving.

On a side note, I now have the Sparco 300 wheel, which is smaller in diameter (but not less thick). The 383 is better for all-around driving, but the 300 minimizes hand/arm motions in autocross.
Do you happen to know the length of the hub without the spacer? I know the spacer is 2 inches. If the hub alone is 55mm or more I wont order the spacer.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

It's about the same length as the spacer...in other words, the spacer effectively doubles the length of the hub alone.
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

Thanks