Tein SS Adjustment Range?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NCinNC

Tein SS Adjustment Range?

Post by NCinNC »

I asked this over at Miata.net, but it doesn't appear that anyone owns these over there.

Anyway, like many people, I've been researching various suspension upgrades for my car.

One question I've been unable to answer with a LOT of searching is the adjustment range of Tein Super Street coilovers. I kind of like the spring rates on these (6k/4k) compared with the Tein Flex coilovers (7k/5k). However, in going through Tein's website they have a listing of min / max lowering of these, but I must be an idiot as I can't quite figure out what this means?

http://www.tein.com/price/mazda.html

It lists 1.4" front and 1.3" rear lowering, but then on rear max/min it lists -1.5 and -2.2?? That makes it sound like you can't go any higher than a 1.5" lowering in the rear.

On the Flex coilovers, it sounds like you can do pretty much stock height (aka 0) and then max out at 2.2" of lowering.

Has anyone used these coilovers and knows the adjustment ranges, or maybe someone else can read this better than I can?

My goal, in case anyone is wondering, is a street set up that hovers around 1" of lowering give or take. I have a steep driveway and would like to be able to adjust in case the front scrapes.
nc4me

Re: Tein SS Adjustment Range?

Post by nc4me »

It's probably a typo since -1.3 their suggested ride height does not fit that range. It is probably supposed to be -0.5 to -2.2.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
NCinNC

Post by NCinNC »

Yeah, I was also thinking it might be a typo. Chances are it probably is -.5 to -2.2, but I was hoping maybe someone might have these coilovers and could verify this.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep searching around and hope I can find more information somewhere. Or just take the plunge and hope it works out.

Thanks for the help though!
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

NCinNC wrote:Yeah, I was also thinking it might be a typo. Chances are it probably is -.5 to -2.2, but I was hoping maybe someone might have these coilovers and could verify this.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep searching around and hope I can find more information somewhere. Or just take the plunge and hope it works out.

Thanks for the help though!
You could call Tein USA. They are very nice people to deal with and I'm sure they would like to know about the possible error on their website.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs