Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Flex

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Flex »

Brian wrote:Not sure I understand the question. The RoadsterSport midpipe has two O2 connections...but they arrive with plugs that unscrew. So, you can use one or both as needed. With this header you would use just the O2 connection after the converter.
I thought that RS midpipe had those two connection holes already open, hence if using with a RS "old" header (no converter) I plug cables into them, while when using with a catted header (i.e. the old PPE) which has 2 holes on it like the stock one, I had to close the midpipe holes somehow. I didn't know it came with plugs, good to know !

Has the new GWR catted header 2 holes like the old PPE and stock, or just 1 hole before the converter and none after ? I ask this question because as you wrote above, I would use one of the midpipe connections with this header (after converter).
If so, what if I mount the new GWR catted header with a straight midpipe, like i.e. the Racing Beat, which has no converter nor sensor holes ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The Racing Beat header has two sensor holes as shown in the pictures but using both guarantees a code. So far the RoadsterSport Street header has just the leading sensor hole, because so far I have not found room to put a second on the underside with the converter so close to the lower flange. Thus, you would indeed put the second sensor in the midpipe.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Zari

Post by Zari »

Nice to see all attention about street use, I love this idea !
But I have a question for you : the first sensor is plugs before the cat, but if I save my genuine midpipe, where can I plug the second sensor ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Zari wrote:Nice to see all attention about street use, I love this idea !
But I have a question for you : the first sensor is plugs before the cat, but if I save my genuine midpipe, where can I plug the second sensor ?
You would use this: CLICK HERE
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Flex

Post by Flex »

I noticed the new catted header price was raised 100$, or did I smoke something bad last week ? :)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You smoked something bad... :wink:

It was up at the wrong price for about an hour the day it was listed....but has since been at the price planned long ago...same price discussed here in this thread several times (see page 8 for example).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

But wait, what's the main difference between the street header and the PPE SCCA catted header? Sound mainly?
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Really no difference in sound, same cat core is just pushed down to make room for longer primaries.

Go back to page 8 of the thread, the details of how longer primaries make more torque, and the sound change is all there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

Yes, yes, yes... I remember now. It's hard to keep up with all this. Thanks.
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

From the photos of your new street catted header, the post 02 sensor will need to go in the mid-pipe, yes?

Get time to install the new Progress springs yet?

AZ