Fontana Auto Club Speedway

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Panic.button

Fontana Auto Club Speedway

Post by Panic.button »

I'm looking at doing an open track event at Fontana in August with my NC. This will be my first track event with higher triple digit speeds most of the way. The fastest track I have been on is streets of willow, but this one looks a little more intimidating. I've been told that I will be stuck at the speed limiter on this event. I'll be running 245/45/17 Hancook V12's, and Mono Flex Coilovers 12kg/7kg.

I wanted to ask for any helpful tips for this track including any videos of other fellow drivers that I can study!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Fontana Auto Club Speedway

Post by Brian »

Get on YouTube and start watching. The NC is not fast enough to really take advantage of this track, exit the last turn with enough speed and you will hit a wall of air and stop accelerating before you get to the start/finish line...and then feel like you have time to call home and ask what is for dinner before you need to turn into the first corner. :wink: Thus, fastest lap when you just can't go any faster is to make the course shorter, and that means max your corner speeds as best you can and turn into the front straight and out of it earlier than the higher power/higher top speed cars.

Have fun....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Re: Fontana Auto Club Speedway

Post by Panic.button »

Thanks for the reply, sounds like I might have more fun saving that money for another day at willow.