New Q Exhaust

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Panic.button

New Q Exhaust

Post by Panic.button »

I just got the new Q exhaust with the updated exhaust tips! It opens up into a wider end instead of just being a straight cut pipe. I think it looks sportier imo, and really flush. You can tell that there was a lot of work that was put into making those tips. I'm really enjoying it, thanks Brian!

edit: The baffles are in... I actually didn't know what those things were inside the exhaust until I removed them. Once you remove them, it makes for a better picture that makes the tips look even wider.

Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Q Exhaust

Post by Brian »

Glad you like it!

We are loving it on our 2012 Project car too.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
FrankP096

Post by FrankP096 »

I also am enjoying my Q with the new designed tips !
Now that I am getting used to the sound (without baffles), I am thinking the mid-pipe would help to enhance the sound even further. 8)
MX5MXIE

Post by MX5MXIE »

FrankP096 wrote:I also am enjoying my Q with the new designed tips !
Now that I am getting used to the sound (without baffles), I am thinking the mid-pipe would help to enhance the sound even further. 8)
Just 200 miles ago I installed the RS Mid-Pipe in front of my RS "Q".

LOVE IT! :D

The "Q" seemed just a little to quiet for me. The sound was good, but the volume needed a little boost.

The RS Mid-Pipe added some volume, and gave the sound sort of a throaty growl. I love the difference it made. I wish I would have added this with my "Q" before.

My only caution is concerning the flat metallic flange gasket supplied with the Mid-Pipe and muffler. I had this problem. The flange ears on my OEM Mid Pipe were bent from tightening to the factory muffler. When I put the "Q" in place, the flat gasket would not seal to the factory mid pipe. I then used the Mazda O-Ring gasket on the mid pipe, which sealed OK to the flat flange on the "Q".

When I put the Mid-Pipe on, the flange ears on the "Q" were bent just enough that the metal gasket would not seal between the RS "Q" and the RS Mid-Pipe. Because it didn't seal, there was a booming bass sound emitted and it came up thru the trunk into the passenger compartment. very annoying.

I found on Miata.net to use a gasket sold by Advance auto, Auto Zone, etc. It is a "Walker # 31512". This is a composite gasket and it has a double thickness layer just around the 2-1/2" hole in the pipe flange. This extra thickness just around the center hole is enough to overcome any flange ears that are bent.

Here is a link to the thread I started on M-Net: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=468164

Put the Mid-Pipe in front of the Q as soon as you can! You will be glad you did!
06 Winning Blue GT, aka Mxie; 6mt, Sport Susp Pkg, Prem Pkg 2, X-Pel Clear Bra, Wolo Air Horn, RoadsterSport "Q" + Mid-Pipe, RX8 Red/Yellow Dot Sways, + Kansai FST Brace.
2006 Winning Blue Registry Link