Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
AZ Sun Lover

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Bump to the Top!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Factory got backed up with all the new RoadsterSport Q demand (new rolled tips VERY popular!). My bet is that we don't get headers out until July as a result but we are working on it.

The weld on bungs that we off on the site on steel...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Pat

Post by Pat »

Brian wrote:Factory got backed up with all the new RoadsterSport Q demand (new rolled tips VERY popular!). My bet is that we don't get headers out until July as a result but we are working on it.
Bummer on the header delay, but great news on the RoadsterSport Q popularity.

Any updates on the Progress sways? I really like the design features they have built into them and really want to go that route vs other brands.

What are the spring rate differences between the Progress springs for the PHRT and Soft top and do you expect a ride height difference between them? I'm aware that they are tweaking the rear do to the additional weight of the hard top but was just curious on the specs.
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Pat wrote:
Brian wrote:Factory got backed up with all the new RoadsterSport Q demand (new rolled tips VERY popular!). My bet is that we don't get headers out until July as a result but we are working on it.
Bummer on the header delay, but great news on the RoadsterSport Q popularity.

Any updates on the Progress sways? I really like the design features they have built into them and really want to go that route vs other brands.

What are the spring rate differences between the Progress springs for the PHRT and Soft top and do you expect a ride height difference between them? I'm aware that they are tweaking the rear do to the additional weight of the hard top but was just curious on the specs.
Pat,
I'm only guessing here, but I "think" Brian and Progress are only changing the front spring ride height. If they make the front spring with less coils, it will be stiffer. If they just compress the spring coils, it would have the same spring rate. Now remember, I'm no expert and only guessing! :oops:

Hopefully Brain can chime in here.

As for the header I'm thinking about staying with the non-catted header. I have been looking for a good welder to see if I can cut off part of the OEM heat shield / cover and weld it to the Goodwin header. After welding on some of the OEM brackets and cutting off most of the shield / cover away, I will have the header ceramic coated. I know the whole heat shield / cover won't fit over the Goodwin header.

I had to take in a truck from my work to be emission tested and was watching the employees from the state looking over other cars very closely. They would just take a quick peek under the hood, and if they didn't see anything out of place under there, they would just drop it. I even asked the employee what he was looking for as he looked under the hood of the truck I was driving. He said he was just looking for anything out of place or missing. You learn see signs rather quickly over time. I asked him like what? He then gave me some info that should be rather helpful to me. I'm keeping and using the OEM mid-pipe & cat. The first time I tried a RS header, I was getting a lot of CEL's, I think I have found a way of fixing that issue hopefully!

AZ
Curves

Post by Curves »

FYI - 2012 MX-5 PRHT Special Edition. Fender to middle of rim

New

Front 14.5"
Rear 14.0"

After 1000 miles

Left Front 14.25"
Left Front 14.5"
Left and Right Rear 14.0"
MichaelM012

Post by MichaelM012 »

What are those last measurements again? Left Front is both 14.25" and 14.5"? Which is the right front? Was this measured with top up or top down? Just curious. Mine was 14.25" all around with top up. But measured it with top down after the spring install. I need to go back and see if there is as difference between top up and top down.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We drove the project car for autocross practice on Saturday, having a real hoot with this toy. Will post a video of the prior event.

Loving the SmartTOP Mod. My wife asked for this mod for a while and I must admit that I was skeptical because the top already goes down in 12 seconds....even if having to be in neutral and hold the button the entire time is a minor inconvenience. But I really love being able to roll away while the top is still going up or down and I find that I drop the top much more now that I don't have that little worry about finishing the job before the light turns green.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Curves

Post by Curves »

MichaelM012 wrote:What are those last measurements again? Left Front is both 14.25" and 14.5"? Which is the right front? Was this measured with top up or top down? Just curious. Mine was 14.25" all around with top up. But measured it with top down after the spring install. I need to go back and see if there is as difference between top up and top down.
I have two sets of measurements there. One when the car was new and now at 1000 miles. Left Front dropped from 14.5 to 14.25 and the others remained the same. My measurements are all top up.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hmmm...
Attachments
NC under panels.jpg
NC under panels.jpg (163.04 KiB) Viewed 8037 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rpmchris