Tomei Visits Good-Win Racing...Headers, Cams, Limited Slips!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Tomei Visits Good-Win Racing...Headers, Cams, Limited Slips!

Post by Brian »

The crew from Tomei were just here.....including company President Mr. Sasaki all the way from Japan!

And they brought a few of their NC header systems. :D Everything finished very nicely! Hope to give it some dyno play time soon. Figure a few days before we get them posted to the store. From a distance I assumed that the header was standard length and that we might be able to offer it separate from the midpipe, but it is indeed longer than stock (thus requiring the pictured separate custom length midpipe in same way that the PPE long tube does). It is amazingly light.

Their cams are currently re-grounds and that raises the cost a lot, they hope to soon have their own blanks and offer us a much better price.

Perhaps of broadest appeal are their limited slips, we hope to be offering them well under a grand for all Miata NA/NB/NC and I expect these 12 disc two-way units will be popular (I think we will try one in our Project Blue 2006).
Attachments
Miata_header_tomei_header_diagram.jpg
Miata_header_tomei_header_diagram.jpg (47.15 KiB) Viewed 10174 times
Tomei NC Header.jpg
Tomei NC Header.jpg (140.81 KiB) Viewed 14506 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TOPSECRET

Re: Tomei Visits Good-Win Racing...Headers, Cams, Limited Sl

Post by TOPSECRET »

Very good news I've been interested to see what their cams make power wise for a while now. A clutch type limited slip under a grand sounds very appealing.
slampen

Post by slampen »

Brian wrote: Perhaps of broadest appeal are their limited slips, we hope to be offering them well under a grand for all Miata NA/NB/NC and I expect these 12 disc two-way units will be popular (I think we will try one in our Project Blue 2006).
How is this compared to Quaife and Os-Giken?

Edit:Corrected url.
-95 BRG 1.8.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The Quaife is a gear unit and really apples to oranges comparison there.

But the OsGiken, MazdaSpeed and Tomei are all clutch pack designs (glossing over the finer distinctions here). The MazdaSpeed units for NC were 7 clutch disc and they worked pretty good, I still run that unit in our NC Light though the torque we make in that car is a bit much for it and I wish I had a few more discs in there. The OsGiken has two dozen plates in it and we run it in our Supercharged autocross 2007, it works great but frankly overkill even for this car running 18x10 wheels and 265 hp and 235 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. Thus, I have long looked around for a unit with about a dozen discs that we could offer to customers as the 'about right' choice, and at half the price of the OSGIKEN I think these Tomei units with a dozen plates are a killer deal.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
slampen

Post by slampen »

How do you think the Tomei will handle your 265hp and 235 ft/lbs?
-95 BRG 1.8.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

slampen wrote:How do you think the Tomei will handle your 265hp and 235 ft/lbs?
I plan to try the 12 disc Tomei in our NCLIGHT track car...which makes 270hp but just 215 ft lbs of torque....but the NC unit not yet available. So far, we have NA/NB units to offer.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
slampen

Post by slampen »

Got any feedback on the Tomei LSD from NA owners?
-95 BRG 1.8.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Have not heard back yet from any of the early adopters...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Nuvolari

Post by Nuvolari »

I've got the same catless race exhaust. Weight saving with GWR Race Muffler - 33-34lbs. Horsepower gain nearly 20hp.

But the sound is horrible loud
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Has anyone tried the Tomei cams?