Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Cookie Monster

Re: Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Post by Cookie Monster »

I would be very interested in these springs if they are as stiff or stiffer than the FM springs while providing a 13" ride height. I like the stiffness of the springs I have but I would like the ride height to go down by an inch or so.
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

matthew-m wrote:For comparison, my FCM coil-overs are currently at 300/224, and I have the car height at roughly 13.5" after corner balancing. The car is my daily driver, so I wasn't willing to go with higher spring rates. I love the way it corners - much easier to rotate with the throttle, and very neutral front to rear. I do have issues with over steer on slick pavement, and there is a tendency to oscillate front to rear on the freeway over the expansion joints. One of these days I will get around to trying 250 or 280 pound rear springs to adjust the oscillation, as discussed with FCM.
I've spent hours throwing different spring rate combos at FCM's suspension setup spreadsheet, and that's where I came up with the 300/250 numbers. It balances the natural frequency almost perfectly front to rear, and the front roll couple works out well with most of the popular front sway bar options paired with the factory rear bar.

If Swift only does metric spring rates, then the next best option that I came up with was 6k/5k, or 336/280. That's starting to get pretty stiff, though, and starting to compete with coilovers. The only thing you wouldn't have with those springs and Konis would be height adjustment. But if they gave you a nice even 13" all around, who needs it? :wink:
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Spungus X

Post by Spungus X »

I would like to see a spring rate matched to the Bilstein HD/SP shocks. I'm guessing 250 / 170 - front / rear should work. This would make an awesome low cost suspension option.
Spungus X

Post by Spungus X »

I would like the height to be approx. 13.5".

Red color would also be nice.
Spungus X

Post by Spungus X »

I'm itching for a Bilstein shock friendly spring rate for a number of reasons.

1- I think, when not overworked, it is the best mass market shock available.
2- It would be nice to have a third proven spring / shock combo for those of us who cannot afford coilovers. "MSR" - Koni / Progress, FM stage 1 - Tokico HTS / FM springs, and Bilstein / Swift.
3- It would be the cheapest entry to a matched spring / shock combo.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed....
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Just to keep this thread synced up with miata.net and Spungus' suggestions, a combo of 250/210 rates with a 13.5 inch ride height, paired up with Bilstein Sport shocks may be the optimum target. It would fill a gap for folks who want a stiffer suspension setup, but don't really have the budget or need for adjustable shocks. And for those who still want the adjustable shocks, the rates should be fine for Konis and drop even a little lower to 13 inches or so. They would also be fine for Tokico HTS shocks but keep the slightly higher ride height.

One possible complication is that itmay not be possible to spec a universal NC1/NC2 set of springs, or if you will need two different front spring options, like for the Progress springs. One work-around might be to design them for the NC2 and design some sort of spacer for the front for NC1s, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to create a spacer for either the factory lower or upper spring perch. You could put one between the top hat and the shock towers, but the studs may not be long enough in that case.
SmartTop, coilovers
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

any news on these springs?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Not yet...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Any progress on these yet? Spring rate or ride height targets or anything? Trying to plan mods for the next year or so, and it would be cool to know if these will be on the list or not.
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Prototype sets just showed up yesterday... Hope to test and report soon.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com