Is Tuning Required with Full RoadsterSport?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jstoppok

Is Tuning Required with Full RoadsterSport?

Post by jstoppok »

Hello:

I just purchased a stock 2009 PHRT and plan on following a combination of the "Street" and "Extreme Street" project cars for my build. My first purchase will be the full Roadster Sport exhaust system with the RoadsterSport MAX Power header . Do I need to plan on a tune after installing the exhaust? If it is safe I'd like to postpone any special tuning until after the new NC2 supercharger kit is available.

Thank you,
Jerry
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Is Tuning Required with Full RoadsterSport?

Post by Brian »

You never need to get the tune, the car has a built in wideband O2 sensor and will use fuel trims to hit the conservative factory targets. The reflash tune gives you more aggressive targets and timing for more power but it is certainly not required.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
blackone

Post by blackone »

Is not but it is soooo sweet!
Of couse i'm partial.
honestobob

Post by honestobob »

Tell me about the sweetness. What are the actual gains by doing the tune?
Curves

Post by Curves »

I purchased the cable and first tuned stock IHE with the first/baseline tune Mike (MotoEast) gave me. This alone was worth the price and kicked myself for waiting one year to experience this.

Installed PPE and Q two weeks later then data logged a few times to get revised tunes. No additional charge for this. Completely different car with this combo.

Search on this forum and you can see the Dyno Results. But they do not describe the feel and sensation.

You should do what I did then when the Super Charger is installed, you have the cable and can get another tune.