MX5 Speedsport SL-1 Clutch/Flywheel

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
james001

MX5 Speedsport SL-1 Clutch/Flywheel

Post by james001 »

Hi Brian,

I have the GW midpipe, Q exhaust and RB CAI and the engine feels a lot stronger but still feels like it takes a while to get going. I was looking at a lightweight flywheel/clutch combo to help it rev faster.

Labour costs are expensive so I want the mod to be worthwhile. I was looking at the MX5 Speedsport SL-1 Super Light Carbon/Carbon Single Clutch and STEEL Flywheel package: 2.0 6SPEED - Street Version. Can you describe the feel of this package? I DONT want a lot of noise/chatter from the flywheel as i use the car everyday.

Thanks all the way from Australia :)
Brian
Site Admin

Re: MX5 Speedsport SL-1 Clutch/Flywheel

Post by Brian »

Sounds like still got stock header? If so, change of the header would get you more benefit.

Even the street version of the Carbon/Carbon clutch is aggressive, because it is so much lighter than stock and engagement does not have the slop of the factory setup.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
james001

Post by james001 »

Thanks for the response Brian. Correct, I still do have the stock header but dont want to change this as would no longer be road legal, insurance issues and I dont want the exhaust to be any louder (I like it how it is now with midpipe and q). Cant fit street header, doesnt fit right hand drive.

What about your ECU tuning options? Not anyone I trust locally to do it after reading many posts on how difficult it was on the the NC2. Any methods to tune a car from across the world haha?

Thanks again

James
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Nothing difficult about doing this from the other side of the world, we just need to mail you the cable for a MotoEast tune, the rest of the process of sending you the tune is done by email anyway.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com