My 2007 banging on the rear bump stops

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Morgan

My 2007 banging on the rear bump stops

Post by Morgan »

Hi Everyone!!!
I’ new on this forum and very happy with my 5th Miata
I buy an NC 2007 Sport PRHT with 34K one year ago with a lot of Goodwin Racing stuff on it, like: RoadsterSport Max Power complete exhaust combo, AEM cool intake, Eibach sway bars kit, Tokico HTS shock front and rear, Eibach's Pro-Kit springs… All this component have 25k on it, car was racing for one year; I buy it and after remove the custom roll bar, impossible to seat comfortable, at list for me, install the stock roll bar, everything was working fine, but lately in every small bump start to banging on the rear bump stops, like shock or springs are bad, try to adjust to harder configuration and nothing still the same, I don’t know if change only the rear shocks for Koni or all shock. I like to know if that combination is to low, I read the Koni lowers the car 1” plus the eibach 1.2" it will be to low?? Or change to a coilover kit… open to any suggestion… is for STREET USE ONLY!!!.
Regards
Brian
Site Admin

Re: My 2007 banging on the rear bump stops

Post by Brian »

Coilovers are the best solution because the shock bodies are shorter....which gives a lowered car more travel. Otherwise, if we lower the car even more with Koni then you are even closer to those rear bump stops all the time. We trim the rear stops shorter so you have more time off the stops but then when you hit a really big bump and hit the stops hard the impact will be hard too as you will not have as much bumpstop to cushion you.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Hi Brian, and thank for your respond.
I found some comments in Miata.net in coilover brands like Megan EZ street, witch they are not that expensive, I would really like to have your opinion, eider you don’t sale those…. and if I decide to keep the Eibach springs, witch can be the different option on shocks with out lowering more the car???

Regards
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, can't say much about the Megan choice, don't see them often and the reviews I find are mixed.

Our top choice at the lower end of the market is the new Tein Street Flex.....which include top mounts and come ready to install, very convenient.
Attachments
Tein-Street-Flex-NC.jpg
Tein-Street-Flex-NC.jpg (26.07 KiB) Viewed 6061 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com