Installing a LSD on a non LSD MX5

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
geneius811

Installing a LSD on a non LSD MX5

Post by geneius811 »

I have a 2006 MX5 which doesn't have an LSD. Could I just buy any aftermarket LSD you guys sell? Would I need anything else to install it? Has anyone ever done this before?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Installing a LSD on a non LSD MX5

Post by Brian »

YES, you can add the limited slip.

See our Project Blue thread on my 2006, which was base model with NO extras of any kind and we added the Tomei limited slip. We usually have a transmission shop do the shim work (they have the shims). Other than the shims, nothing else needed.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MikeN009

Post by MikeN009 »

Im trying to decide on a diff myself for the STR car. The OSG seems to be the standard but the price of the Quaife and Tomie look better to me :P
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I think few drivers would find a difference. I have the OSG in our supercharged 2007 XP car, and the Tomei in my 2006 that we often take to practice days. The OSG is more aggressive, takes more learning curve but I like it a lot now that I know it. However, I doubt the difference in times would be more than a tenth or two.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MikeN009

Post by MikeN009 »

Good to know. Been looking out for a used pumpkin to put one into. i think at a few hundred bucks i can work on a few tenths.