smartTOP for NC2

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NaregM677

smartTOP for NC2

Post by NaregM677 »

The description of the part says that I will be able to operate the roof at "slow speeds". How slow are we talking about? I love that fact that it makes it "a touch of a button" instead of holding the button. Also, the text says "It works similar to power-windows"; does that mean it allows the windows to open and close "with a touch of a button" as well or would I still have the hold the button to raise my windows?
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
StephenW571

Re: smartTOP for NC2

Post by StephenW571 »

The smart top has several settings for speed upto 39mph. Just pick one your comfortable with.
You can always change the speed setting later after install according to instructions provided.
At whatever speed you set it at, the top will work with a single touch of the button, as long as you were below the max speed you set when you pushed the button.
In other words it the prht will continue to operate (either up or down) even if you accelerate above the speed setting after you commenced the operation.
It does not change the operation of the windows, they will work exactly as before.
It's a great mod.
Checkout mods4cars website for install instructions and make sure you update the firmware before you set it and install it.
NaregM677

Post by NaregM677 »

Wow, sounds like a great item. I wish the windows worked too but having the top open at up to 39 MHP is fantastic! Thanks for the quick response.
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
GaryO935

Post by GaryO935 »

Be careful operating the top on the move. The motors are not all that powerful...and a jarring motion while the top is cycling could cause things to come to a halt and then you may need to perform some sort of reset procedure.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I set the one on my wife's car to 25mph....though I never expect to use it at that speed.

For me, the smartTOP takes care of that red light anxiety you get when you want to drop the top....but you are not sure you have time to finish the process before the light goes green. Since the stock setup makes you stay in neutral or it STOPS, it's a joy to have the smartTOP so that I know I can smoothly roll off if the light turns green while the top is still closing up behind me.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com